Photos of the inn and area

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Although many of us have asked for photos, few are ever emailed to us. This is clever.

Create a Shutterfly Share Site so Guests can upload their own pictures.
Maybe doing this might encourage them to log-in to see what others have added to the site? Then you can go in and use them if you want to?
Just an idea. People are fickle, they never do what they say they will do, so I wouldn't count on it, but dang it would sure be great to get some photos from other people for a change!! :)

Do you have to join or creat an account to upload photos to that? I'm not being a Negative Nancy, but that's the only downside that I see. You know how we discussed how people didn't want to create a TA account to post reviews?
I agree 100%, would be cool to see the guests' photos!!

Do you have to join or creat an account to upload photos to that? I'm not being a Negative Nancy, but that's the only downside that I see. You know how we discussed how people didn't want to create a TA account to post reviews?
I agree 100%, would be cool to see the guests' photos!!.
Yes, I agree, most will not want to sign up for an account. Heck if they took any decent pics, just have them send to you directly. We know how often that will happen
tounge_smile.gif

I have had 2 guests email pix to me. And we do use them. Guests comment on them, like to look at them, ask where they were taken and never send any of their own.
Seriously, tho? I bet those people who get 100 reviews/year could get guests to send pix. There is some sort of connection there that we do not have with guests. Do we want it? Maybe not!

Someone out there would have the magic touch and make this a fun part of their stay. Probably not me. But someone! I shared this for those someones...
even with a contest you can't get people to do anything...it is weird. My own family - births, marriages, graduations, no photos. THEY TAKE THEM, but that is the end of it. Holy cow, did you have to go and get the filmed developed and wait a week or something?
As always this is useful for someone I am sure. Just not anyone who ever comments.
cheers.gif

Someone out there would have the magic touch and make this a fun part of their stay. Probably not me. But someone! I shared this for those someones...
even with a contest you can't get people to do anything...it is weird. My own family - births, marriages, graduations, no photos. THEY TAKE THEM, but that is the end of it. Holy cow, did you have to go and get the filmed developed and wait a week or something?
As always this is useful for someone I am sure. Just not anyone who ever comments.
cheers.gif
You know who has good luck with the photo contests? Happyjacks. They're always running some sort of contest on FB to send in your photos. Best photo wins and all of that.

cheers.gif
You know who has good luck with the photo contests? Happyjacks. They're always running some sort of contest on FB to send in your photos. Best photo wins and all of that.
That's cool...that is what facebook is for...promotions of some type. I am teaching a class this morning at the local community college on social networking and art as a business. So have been doing alot of reading on using facebook to promote business. It is MORE than just posting what you served for breakfast :) I think if used the right way, it can work for you.

cheers.gif
That's cool...that is what facebook is for...promotions of some type. I am teaching a class this morning at the local community college on social networking and art as a business. So have been doing alot of reading on using facebook to promote business. It is MORE than just posting what you served for breakfast :) I think if used the right way, it can work for you.
If you don't have it on your list of things to talk about...people really like reading about what they think of as the 'inside scoop' on FB. For us it's where we're going on vacation or something like that. Each business will have a different 'inside scoop' that's appropriate.
And photos. The most shared items I've posted have been photos. Not stories or links to things to do, altho those are popular, too.

i would think people would be willing to upload to FB. They already have an account and know how to use it.

Back