picking blueberries

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
just thought i'd share ...
berries.jpg

Brought memories of my dear friend from grade school Amanda. She planted blueberry bushes in her yard and let me know when they were ready to pick so I could come get some. One year when I just could not get there, she picked them, washed and dried them, and froze them for me. I lost her in 2008 - a year and a half after we went to NYC!
Thank you for the memory jolt.

Gorgeous.
I had two Danish girls drive up LATE last night (I did the meet and greet in my PJs) - they'd been trying to find a B&B that would even answer the door for an hour and a half and were tired and although they were troopers, had to be pretty miserable. One of them was on crutches but they opted for my 3rd floor room because it's the only one that has two beds.
I had some wild Maine blueberries on hand so served them my blueberry buttermilk lemon pancakes this morning. There is really is nothing like wild Maine blueberries - they are SO intense. I didn't have enough blueberries so added some fresh raspberries to the mix. Worked out really well - the color swirl was gorgeous.

Great photo! There is nothing as wonderful as fresh picked blueberries. Summer perfection! Pure heaven for the body and soul.

That's a nice bunch of berries......
Wish I had the space to do berries and dwarf fruit trees......I just do veggies interplanted in the beds and in front of a hedge, and a small area behind the greenhouse......herbs planted as perennials in the garden beds

Our blueberry season just finished up. Good crop this year, I guess because of all the rain we've had. We have 5 blueberry farms in the area and they're a favorite guest destination during June and July. We froze several bushels.

Back