Picnic Lunch for Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a yummy menu like that and those prices, it's destined for success!.
Innkeeper To Go said:
With a yummy menu like that and those prices, it's destined for success!
I emailed my mother in CA and she said $10.95? You can't charge more than $6.50!
This is the reason we cannot really ask non Innkeepers these such questions. I mean, I was asking her from her perspective as a guest. She said fried chicken and potato salad. I told her about the k.i.s.s. rule for this and she said you can go and buy it and repackage it. Again, k.i.s.s. needs to apply. Running around buying 4 pieces of chicken and potato salad and repacking is not my idea of simple.
I THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR FEEDBACK. I got some great ideas and hints, thank you very much.
Your mother, who lives in practically THE most expensive state in the country said you couldn't charge more than $6.50? OK, she wouldn't PAY more than $6.50, but that's irrelevant. She's never stayed with you, right? Like my parents would never stay here, either. Too expensive. Especially after their $19/night rooms in Vegas. With the $6.95 all you can eat buffet with carving station.
Morticia said:
Especially after their $19/night rooms in Vegas. With the $6.95 all you can eat buffet with carving station.
Yeah, maybe 15-20 years ago. Hotels and buffets haven't been that cheap in Vegas for a long time!
Little Blue said:
Morticia said:
Especially after their $19/night rooms in Vegas. With the $6.95 all you can eat buffet with carving station.
Yeah, maybe 15-20 years ago. Hotels and buffets haven't been that cheap in Vegas for a long time!
My parents JUST came home. Those prices were for 2 weeks ago.
Pray, tell! Where can you stay in Vegas for $19/night? Inquiring minds want to know!

With a yummy menu like that and those prices, it's destined for success!.
Innkeeper To Go said:
With a yummy menu like that and those prices, it's destined for success!
I emailed my mother in CA and she said $10.95? You can't charge more than $6.50!
This is the reason we cannot really ask non Innkeepers these such questions. I mean, I was asking her from her perspective as a guest. She said fried chicken and potato salad. I told her about the k.i.s.s. rule for this and she said you can go and buy it and repackage it. Again, k.i.s.s. needs to apply. Running around buying 4 pieces of chicken and potato salad and repacking is not my idea of simple.
I THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR FEEDBACK. I got some great ideas and hints, thank you very much.
Your mother, who lives in practically THE most expensive state in the country said you couldn't charge more than $6.50? OK, she wouldn't PAY more than $6.50, but that's irrelevant. She's never stayed with you, right? Like my parents would never stay here, either. Too expensive. Especially after their $19/night rooms in Vegas. With the $6.95 all you can eat buffet with carving station.
Morticia said:
Little Blue said:
Morticia said:
My parents JUST came home. Those prices were for 2 weeks ago.
Pray, tell! Where can you stay in Vegas for $19/night? Inquiring minds want to know!
suellen222 said:
I'll ask my mother.

Gorgeous Pics!
I guess I wouldn't call my picnic a drive through / kiddie one.
Usually included a sub sandwich..their choice of meats, potato salad, chips, asst. cheese and crackers, carrots to munch on, homemade brownies, fruit and their choice of beverage. I have insulated picnic cooler totes with a cool pack in them. I provided a plastic tablecloth and utensils so they could lay it out on the ground or on a picnic table in the park..their choice. I charged $20 and never had a complaint.
edited

Back