Pictures at last

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
OK, website still needs updated, and the pictures aren't perfect, but I have, at last, put some pictures of my new rooms on my website. Have a gander and feel free to comment... although there's a limit to what I can do until August or September!
www.collegehousebb.com
=)
Kk.

Very nice pictures....and site too. Easy to navigate.
Did you do the site yourself?
Great Job.

Very nice. Did you do the mosaic tile work yourself?? I am impressed:).
Thanks! It's even cooler in person. Behind the curtain is a yin-yang symbol that dh mostly did himself. I got to stand in the tub with the marker, but my contractor did the actual busting of the marble and applying to the wall. (He was thinking BIG pieces, I was thinking dinky ones, dh came up with the swish.) We practically had to do the mosaic as the walls and ceiling have so many angles it's almost curved.
On one of the shelves are two hippie rubber duckies.
=)
Kk.

Very nice. Did you do the mosaic tile work yourself?? I am impressed:).
I agree! The tile work in the Art Dept looks fantastic. Well done.
How is that sink and faucet contraption to clean? (worse than a regular set-up?)

No one's complaining that I didn't take the AC out of the window before I took the Art Dept picture? I am getting the hang of Photoshop and actually reduced some glare and took out some cords and flash reflections and even a power strip... but the AC seemed a bit much to tackle.
You guys are being too kind today!
=)
Kk.

No one's complaining that I didn't take the AC out of the window before I took the Art Dept picture? I am getting the hang of Photoshop and actually reduced some glare and took out some cords and flash reflections and even a power strip... but the AC seemed a bit much to tackle.
=)
Kk..
I never clicked thru to the additional pages. Didn't realize there were more pix.

I love your website, the pictures look good! I was hoping that you would be adding some more pictures. The more pictures the better for me when I'm looking where to stay.
Food for thought, I think you should add in a dollar amount to the Smoking/Candle policy. I think you should charge at least $100, if not more if someone violates your policy! We stayed at a Days Inn over the weekend in Savannah and when we checked into the room it smelled of fresh cigarette smoke but their policy states no smoking. We went down to request a different room because of the cigarette smoke and the girl told the other guy behind the desk to pull the reservation of the previous guest because they were going to charge them $250 for smoking in the room.

=)
Kk..
I didn't find anything tacky about the ac in the window. I wouldn't bother me, at least I would know I would have air conditioning!
regular_smile.gif

I don't know how you do it with your 2 small boys!

I love your website, the pictures look good! I was hoping that you would be adding some more pictures. The more pictures the better for me when I'm looking where to stay.
Food for thought, I think you should add in a dollar amount to the Smoking/Candle policy. I think you should charge at least $100, if not more if someone violates your policy! We stayed at a Days Inn over the weekend in Savannah and when we checked into the room it smelled of fresh cigarette smoke but their policy states no smoking. We went down to request a different room because of the cigarette smoke and the girl told the other guy behind the desk to pull the reservation of the previous guest because they were going to charge them $250 for smoking in the room..
Hmmmm.... I'll have to think about that.
One reason I don't have a dollar amount on there is because I'm pretty small, only four rooms. Most of our guests are not smokers, and the ones we've had have been fabulous about not smoking in their rooms. Even the couple that did a self check in late one night didn't smoke in their room--they said that's what they had become accustomed to. We provide a "Smoking Salon" (converted laundry room) and patio, which I think helps a little.
Of course, the first time someone actually does and I'm washing curtains and shampooing the rug, I'll probably change my tune!
I did just change my extra guest policy and now charge for kids over 10.
=)
Kk.

Food for thought, I think you should add in a dollar amount to the Smoking/Candle policy. I think you should charge at least $100, if not more if someone violates your policy! We stayed at a Days Inn over the weekend in Savannah and when we checked into the room it smelled of fresh cigarette smoke but their policy states no smoking. We went down to request a different room because of the cigarette smoke and the girl told the other guy behind the desk to pull the reservation of the previous guest because they were going to charge them $250 for smoking in the room..
One reason I don't have a dollar amount on there is because I'm pretty small, only four rooms. Most of our guests are not smokers, and the ones we've had have been fabulous about not smoking in their rooms. Even the couple that did a self check in late one night didn't smoke in their room--they said that's what they had become accustomed to. We provide a "Smoking Salon" (converted laundry room) and patio, which I think helps a little.
Of course, the first time someone actually does and I'm washing curtains and shampooing the rug, I'll probably change my tune!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Had a very nice guest smoke outside and bring it all back in with him. He smoked some sort of scented/flavored cigar and the room at first smells kinda sweet, but each time I go in I can smell HIM in there. I have been cleaning it thoroughly and am on the 4th guest since he was there. But you just cannot get it out of the sofa/chair/rugs. It is impossible. He did not smoke in there.
I don't want the can of worms to be opened. Putting a $ amt on smoking in the room is a threat. YOU CANNOT CHARGE someones card for smoking in the room, altho your policy stated as such. The credit card companies will back the card holder.
You can have them agree to your policies, and if you must charge them, you must send them an invoice to pay. They can pay or not...then you can go further with that. Legally we are not to even store guests cc info.
On our other forum, we had folks posting the actual verbiage and how we are ONLY allowed to charge for renting the room, NOT DAMAGES. We do not want the world to know this. I had a chargeback on this and did not win. I was sent the information from the cc company.
I am sure those aspirings starting out who are full of p#$% & vinegar will jump on this thread and run with it. Really, like you stated YS, we do not have all of our guests here to cause trouble. If we can't handle that we need to do something else. It is the cost of doing business. Accidents happen, and other stuff happens. It happens... Send them a bill.
The cleaning ee $200 or something is a warning.

Great Job..
Yes, I used a template from the hosting company. It's not the final product yet, but we're getting there bit by bit.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Yes, I used a template from the hosting company. It's not the final product yet, but we're getting there bit by bit.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks
What hosting company? if you don't mind sharing. I really like everything you have done with your B&B.
regular_smile.gif

Great Job..
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks
What hosting company? if you don't mind sharing. I really like everything you have done with your B&B.
regular_smile.gif

You're very kind, thanks.
1&1.com is the hosting company. When I first sat down to create it I had it up in less than 3 hours of sitting in bed with my laptop one night. I'm sorry, I can't remember where you are in the process, if you've opened or not. You want to have some kind of website in place well before you open as you'll start out in the Google "sand box" for 3-6 months. (I.e., you'll be buried on page 18 of a search, then one day you'll pop up to number 2 or 3 of page 1.)
Whenever I need to update my website's seo text, or add pictures, or whatever I go read Swirt's website to figure out what size, or what text, or whatever it is that I need to do. It is absolutely the best source for a B&B website! (www.inngenious.com)
=)
Kk.

The pictures are great - I really like the one with showing the water flowing in the bubble bath

Great Job..
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks
regular_smile.gif

Here's some other info regarding the hosting company that Socks mentioned. https://www.innspiring.com/resources/website-tools/bb-website-hosting

Back