Pictures at last

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on "staging" the photos! I did notice the A/C unit in the one room but if it's there, it's there. Is the tub in the History Department right in the bedroom of that guest room?
Your rooms turned out really nice - you should be proud!
thumbs_up.gif

oh my! look at those rooms!!!
whirlpool tubs! big tvs! put this place on my list! (so UNlike where i am)
the shower curtain in the art department is too far out for me, man!
wink_smile.gif
my age must be showing!!!

Nice job on "staging" the photos! I did notice the A/C unit in the one room but if it's there, it's there. Is the tub in the History Department right in the bedroom of that guest room?
thumbs_up.gif
Thanks!
I could remove the AC unit, it's only there for the summer. I was just trying to get the pics done before someone checked in.
The History Dept doesn't have a tub, just a shower. There was a large bathroom across the hall from that room. We split the bathroom into two and added a door in the hall so that each room has a private bathroom.
We have a very colorful house....
=)
Kk.

You know the a/c unit it something that 1) you want guests to know because it is their own unit and they would like that, or 2) it means it is noisy and they don't like that, and it means there is no central a/c?
As a guest I would like to know it was in the window. As an Innkeeper I would not want it distracting the prettier things in the room.

Your rooms look awesome. The baths are especially appealing to me. Did you make up the valance in the art department from hankerchiefs? Very creative and very colorful.
Side question: Are those photos of composters in the green section of your website (on the About Us page)? If so, where did they come from, do they work well, and do you like them (i.e., is it easy to get the compost out, etc.) They look relatively dog and animal proof which for us is a must. Our current composting system which is something we made out of a big plastic drum is not working for me since periodically it needs to be emptied and put in our bigger compost pile and when even just 1/2 full it's way too heavy for me to up end. Thanks.

thumbs_up.gif
Thanks!
I could remove the AC unit, it's only there for the summer. I was just trying to get the pics done before someone checked in.
The History Dept doesn't have a tub, just a shower. There was a large bathroom across the hall from that room. We split the bathroom into two and added a door in the hall so that each room has a private bathroom.
=)
Kk.
My bad... I meant the English Department. In the picture, it looks like the tub is just adjacent to that dresser.

We have the same composting bins. You can buy them at many garden supply/nurseries or online of course.

thumbs_up.gif
Thanks!
=)
Kk.
My bad... I meant the English Department. In the picture, it looks like the tub is just adjacent to that dresser.
Oh... it's an open door into the bathroom. The tub takes up the entire right hand side of the bathroom. It has an awesome vanity on the left, but I didn't get a good shot of it. (Guess I'd better try again...)
=)
Kk.

Your rooms look awesome. The baths are especially appealing to me. Did you make up the valance in the art department from hankerchiefs? Very creative and very colorful.
Side question: Are those photos of composters in the green section of your website (on the About Us page)? If so, where did they come from, do they work well, and do you like them (i.e., is it easy to get the compost out, etc.) They look relatively dog and animal proof which for us is a must. Our current composting system which is something we made out of a big plastic drum is not working for me since periodically it needs to be emptied and put in our bigger compost pile and when even just 1/2 full it's way too heavy for me to up end. Thanks..
Thanks!
The valance was from Lowe's... kid's section. A lot of the spreads I'd want to use in that room are also in the kids' sections of stores, but they don't come in king size. Lamps were clearance at Home Despot. Futon was a gift from a friend years ago. Desk and chair and bed frame from auctions. Tall funky lamp from a yard sale. That room has six different colors of paint to go with the many colors of beads that hang in the entryway. It's my "fun and funky" room... anything I find that says fun and funky to me gets to go in there. I had a perfect little mirror over the sink ($1 at a yard sale) but apparently one time when the windows were open it blew off the wall and shattered so that mirror is a temporary fix.
The composters are from our city recycling center, $35 each (I think it was). I'm not sure how they are to unload as that is dh's job, but I know he was very happy with the compost he got out of them. As you see they have that little door, so you can pull it out from there. Alternately you can pick the whole thing up and the compost will fall out the bottom (they have no bottom... better for worms to get in and compost to get out!). One of dh's jobs is to take out the compost I create, although I do it when I have a lot all at once... I've found he doesn't turn it or cover what he throws in so there are a lot of fruit flies.when you open the lid. The composters are nice because they're contained, efficient, and not overly ugly. We don't stir or turn or add anything but worms (as we come across them)... as my friend says, "compost happens!" And yes, they are animal proof... when the lids are turned they stay on.
=)
Kk.

thumbs_up.gif
Thanks!
=)
Kk.
Oh... it's an open door into the bathroom. The tub takes up the entire right hand side of the bathroom. It has an awesome vanity on the left, but I didn't get a good shot of it. (Guess I'd better try again...)
=)
Kk.
Ohhh...I see. I was trying to figure that out from the picture. You might want to re-think the angle of that shot. There might be other people out there like me who think there is no door :) I like how you shot into the mirror though.

Beautiful home.
regular_smile.gif
You may want to better the "The Art Department" pic. Like your website - clear, all there and easy to navigate.

Well I am finally on a site. If anyone out there is interested you can go to http://www.bbcanada.com/11294.html and see our B&B finally. Our set up on the site is not complete but its a start..
riverbendnewbie said:
Well I am finally on a site. If anyone out there is interested you can go to http://www.bbcanada.com/11294.html and see our B&B finally. Our set up on the site is not complete but its a start.
Am I confused, do you have your own website, the one with the large sturgeon or was that another place? If so I am sorry I got you confused with that one. It had the same name and is in Canada.
Your place is great! The pic is too small, however and not enough info, I hope you have your own website with lots of brilliant photos. !!!
Swirt has some very detailed helpful hints he has post a link maybe for website in this business. Example, webdeasigners will tell you that you cannot have all these photos on a website, but in our business THAT is what sells our rooms. The more pics the better.
Let us know, I am confused I think. What's new...LOL!

No you are correct that was not ours with the sturgeon although we do have some of those in our local waters(I have never seen one). Our own web site is being worked on. I am going to change the pics eventually but kind of rushed to get something on. If you click the pic you can get a better idea.

No you are correct that was not ours with the sturgeon although we do have some of those in our local waters(I have never seen one). Our own web site is being worked on. I am going to change the pics eventually but kind of rushed to get something on. If you click the pic you can get a better idea..
Gorgeous! Can't wait to see more pictures!
teeth_smile.gif

No you are correct that was not ours with the sturgeon although we do have some of those in our local waters(I have never seen one). Our own web site is being worked on. I am going to change the pics eventually but kind of rushed to get something on. If you click the pic you can get a better idea..
riverbendnewbie said:
No you are correct that was not ours with the sturgeon although we do have some of those in our local waters(I have never seen one). Our own web site is being worked on. I am going to change the pics eventually but kind of rushed to get something on. If you click the pic you can get a better idea.
Yes I did click.
Ok, I apologise for talking about the sturgeon before then. OOPS! I look forward to seeing more pics and how it all comes together for you. That was why I mentioned the continental as that was what that other website offered. We are excited for you. Keep us posted on your progress! All the best.
regular_smile.gif

Back