Pictures of the innkeepers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one ever really mentions our photo either (although they certainly do mention the photos of the dogs often enough, and want to meet them before even heading to their rooms). I like to think that those photos contribute to the "feel" of our place and reinforces the fact that they will be staying at our home.
Do those of you who have staff mention that on your websites? Do guests ever seem suprised that you use hired help...or am I the only one that cares about that when I travel??!! :).
We don't mention staff because it's hit or miss if we have anyone at any given time. I'd say most guests are surprised to find out we DON'T have staff.

I've been re-thinking this, but up to now have thought:
Who cares to know what we look like. They want see the room, maybe the bathroom, and maybe some pix of the breakfast.
But if its a deal breaker to not have photos of us...then up they will go.
-KathleenM.
If you were a hotel yes. If you want to accentuate the fact that you are a B&B, and the personal service and atmosphere that comes wtih it, best to show yourselves! If you don't, you may draw more "hotel people" than you would like.
Funny thing is I've never had a guest mention the photo on the website. It hasn't increased occ. No one says, 'Where's the lady in the pic on the website?' when they see me and I don't look a bit like the pic.
Don't they ask about the dog??? Ours gets more mention than anything else on our website! People know her by name when they get here.
InnsiderInfo said:
Don't they ask about the dog??? Ours gets more mention than anything else on our website! People know her by name when they get here.
Not at all, which is why I don't think many guests see the pic. Also, my stats show not many hits on that page. But, you may have heard me say this before, a lot of guests book without even knowing we have a website. They get our phone number from wherever and just call.
Given the extensive coverage the dog gets on the blog, you would think guests would mention her!
Bree, I think that could be because your photo is on your "contact us" page, rather than on an "about us" or similar page. Because your address, phone number and email address are listed on pretty much every page of your site, why would they need to visit the "contact us" page?? I only happened upon your photo by accident, and I was actively looking for one....................

No one ever really mentions our photo either (although they certainly do mention the photos of the dogs often enough, and want to meet them before even heading to their rooms). I like to think that those photos contribute to the "feel" of our place and reinforces the fact that they will be staying at our home.
Do those of you who have staff mention that on your websites? Do guests ever seem suprised that you use hired help...or am I the only one that cares about that when I travel??!! :).
Little Blue said:
Do those of you who have staff mention that on your websites? Do guests ever seem suprised that you use hired help...or am I the only one that cares about that when I travel??!! :)
A while ago, might have been just before you joined the forum, GG was travelling North and relayed to us some bad experiences. I had asked her about that, did you book larger inns? I mean 8 rooms and up? Yes every one was larger. (She can correct me if I am remembering wrong). But the point was - she did NOT get personal service at most of them - why? They owners were not hands on. She blogged her travels at the time.
Joey Bloggs said:
A while ago, might have been just before you joined the forum, GG was travelling North and relayed to us some bad experiences. I had asked her about that, did you book larger inns? I mean 8 rooms and up? Yes every one was larger. (She can correct me if I am remembering wrong). But the point was - she did NOT get personal service at most of them - why? They owners were not hands on. She blogged her travels at the time.
Yes, I've found out most of the time if you stay at a Inn that is not run by the owners you get more hotel like service. Most of the places we stayed at though were run by the owners if I remember right. I'd have to look at my list to remember
embaressed_smile.gif

I've been re-thinking this, but up to now have thought:
Who cares to know what we look like. They want see the room, maybe the bathroom, and maybe some pix of the breakfast.
But if its a deal breaker to not have photos of us...then up they will go.
-KathleenM.
If you were a hotel yes. If you want to accentuate the fact that you are a B&B, and the personal service and atmosphere that comes wtih it, best to show yourselves! If you don't, you may draw more "hotel people" than you would like.
Funny thing is I've never had a guest mention the photo on the website. It hasn't increased occ. No one says, 'Where's the lady in the pic on the website?' when they see me and I don't look a bit like the pic.
InnsiderInfo said:
Not at all, which is why I don't think many guests see the pic. Also, my stats show not many hits on that page. But, you may have heard me say this before, a lot of guests book without even knowing we have a website. They get our phone number from wherever and just call.
Given the extensive coverage the dog gets on the blog, you would think guests would mention her!
I haven't looked recently, but I seem to remember the pic of you all was not "right out front". Maybe you should make it more prominent...she's a beauty and she would definitely persuade me to stay with you! That breed is much beloved by many.

I did have my picture on at one point but took it off. My cat is featured and he's a host so .... :)

Our pic is on our site as well, on the contact page so like little blue mentioned, it is rarely seen - but it IS there fin someone must see us before check-in...

Our pic is on our site as well, on the contact page so like little blue mentioned, it is rarely seen - but it IS there fin someone must see us before check-in....
Copperhead said:
Our pic is on our site as well, on the contact page so like little blue mentioned, it is rarely seen - but it IS there fin someone must see us before check-in...
I think that is good. It shouldn't be front and center, it should be there if someone would like to delve deeper into the website, or if not, not.

Back