PITA vs Toxic Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
After this weekend I came to find the term PITA endearing, in fact if only my guests were PITAS then I could have possibly dealt with them better. I did not go into details on the forum of the aftermath - but a specific room went from bad to worse and I have deemed those guests toxic.
I have them on the "Do Not Rent To Again" list, even after they said they can't wait to come back under better circumstances. They were by far the worst guests we have ever had here, and honestly they did not blow up their room or do drugs or any of those things we detest. They were just very very difficult people to deal with, they sucked the life and energy out of you.
I was thinking about the classification of PITA and discussing it with DH as I said, they simply do not fall under that category. I think the term PITA has been an all encompassing acronym we use for 'bad guests' and maybe we need a new classification, a scale, if you will.
angry_smile.gif

Like a Richter scale? Or a hurricane category? We could use the Mohs scale if the guests are particualrly dense.
wink_smile.gif

Yeah, I take the term PITA literally and apply it as such. Sounds like you had Total Nightmare guests.
pita.gif

OK, so you nailed our one really bad guests...toxic.
Maybe normal PITA's don't faze me, but I wanted to choke those people.

Maybe normal PITA's don't faze me, but I wanted to choke those people..
PITA stands for........?
pain in the
potty-mouth.gif

Hahaa....I love it!
Also, where is the TA site that everyone refers to in regard to comments posted by previous guests?
You are definately not in this country are ye?
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
That's right I remember where you are,I think.
TA is Trip Advisor. www.tripadvisor.com
Many of us have badges with links to TA on our website, reviews are very popular for future guests, big angle for marketing at the moment - to tout your excellent reviews. Guests like reading about other guests experiences. ie this place is very pink and frilly, not to my taste. ie walk to fine restaurants. etc

PITA stands for........?
pain in the
potty-mouth.gif

Hahaa....I love it!
Also, where is the TA site that everyone refers to in regard to comments posted by previous guests?
Many of us have badges with links to TA on our website, reviews are very popular for future guests, big angle for marketing at the moment - to tout your excellent reviews. Guests like reading about other guests experiences. ie this place is very pink and frilly, not to my taste. ie walk to fine restaurants. etc
Not only am I not in your country, I'm a newbie! Haha, I hate flinging my ignorance around so publicly but if I don't ask, I'll never know. You guys are such a lifesaver on so many issues. Where on this site do I find all of your B&B websites?

PITA stands for........?
pain in the
potty-mouth.gif

Hahaa....I love it!
Not only am I not in your country, I'm a newbie! Haha, I hate flinging my ignorance around so publicly but if I don't ask, I'll never know. You guys are such a lifesaver on so many issues. Where on this site do I find all of your B&B websites?
at the bottom of this page is Member B&B's and Featured Inns. I am not sure how many are listed there, not most, but some. :)

PITA stands for........?
pain in the
potty-mouth.gif

Hahaa....I love it!
Some are incognito so you will not match them with their inns. Some are letting it all hang out - like me. But I rarely have PITA guests or situations that I NEED to go anon.

Back