Place of Innvention

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Anyone have some inventions invented near their inn or town or city? I saw this and thought it would make a clever blog article. Or maybe even something fun to research. Go for it! If someone wants to do a group blog on innteractiveinns put your hand up (I can't do it right now, but might toss my 2 cents and link in with yours!)
For those who have innvented something themselves, you can blog that too!
For us, I know it is ground to death by me, but bluegrass was invented here.
Country Music in Bristol TN/VA - that is not really near here.
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]New on our blog: Hartford, Connecticut: a "Places of Invention" tour [/COLOR]http://ow.ly/1hdLpD

I want to hang DH's patents up in the hallway. Not right in someone's face, but in the hall where relatively few guests would find them. He's embarrassed by that. BTW, he has 10 (yup, 10) US patents and a few in Taiwan.
I'd have to look to see what things were invented here, but it's a great idea.

The alleged inventor of the American Hamburger was from here. Nobody gives a sh_t.

The Bowie Knife was invented here (in Arkansas), as was cheese dip. In fact, cheese dip is the "national" dish of Arkansas, hence the term "Arkansas-sized people".
The inventor of the Wonder Horse was from my town.
wonderhorse2.jpg

Well, you'd have guessed it if you thought about it long enough... ear muffs.
And, we've got Milton Bradley. And the folding pocket knife/gun. Microwave oven (the Radarange). (Not necessarily invented here, inventor born here.) Zig zag sewing machine.

I want to hang DH's patents up in the hallway. Not right in someone's face, but in the hall where relatively few guests would find them. He's embarrassed by that. BTW, he has 10 (yup, 10) US patents and a few in Taiwan.
I'd have to look to see what things were invented here, but it's a great idea..
Madeleine said:
Off topic- before enough coffee this morning, I read that as "hang up DH's pants in the hallway..." Then I proceeded to read the rest of your post wondering why you were hanging his pants in the hallway "where relatively few guests would find them" and him being embarrassed....

I'm going to pour myself another cuppa before I read any more posts
tounge_smile.gif

I'd have to look to see what things were invented here, but it's a great idea..
Madeleine said:
Off topic- before enough coffee this morning, I read that as "hang up DH's pants in the hallway..." Then I proceeded to read the rest of your post wondering why you were hanging his pants in the hallway "where relatively few guests would find them" and him being embarrassed....

I'm going to pour myself another cuppa before I read any more posts
tounge_smile.gif

Well, that's a much better conversation starter. I'll think about how to do that! Hanging pants in the hallway.

It's a great idea to write article on such topic. Good luck to you in it. I'm sure it will be very interesting.

Not to say we're behind the times here in my home town, but our only invention is the wooden butter tub.

Back