Placemats?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Anyone had any success with an online source for placemats? I can never find the quantity that I need in any of the department stores so it's easier to buy online.

You must not have a TJ MAX near you:-( I always picked up my placemats from them, Stein Mart or even Target.

You must not have a TJ MAX near you:-( I always picked up my placemats from them, Stein Mart or even Target..
Unfortunately we have none of the above
sad_smile.gif
We do have Kohl's but they never have enough.

I use chargers instead of placemats as I have found them easier to clean. I have them in several different colors.

We definitely don't need to devolve into a discussion on place settings.
Thanks Mort, I will try to order through Kohl's online if they have anything that looks nice.

We definitely don't need to devolve into a discussion on place settings.
Thanks Mort, I will try to order through Kohl's online if they have anything that looks nice..
I have a couple of sets of fabric satine looking placemats that are very nice from Tuesday morning that are microfiber-esque and wipe off really, really well. I was doubtful they would work until I had them in action for awhile.

We only have two rooms, so all I really need is 4-5. I got some at WalMart, others at Goodwill, brand new chintz.

We only have two rooms, so all I really need is 4-5. I got some at WalMart, others at Goodwill, brand new chintz..
Am I the only one who had rather wash and iron whole table cloths than deal with placemats? I do use placemats occassionally but find them more of a hassle to wash than table cloths. And when chargers are used atop table cloths, the cloths are saved from some of the staining. Placemats do work well in trays for in room service, though. All the stores already names are where we have bought most of ours. I can't order because I am one who has to touch the fabric! I have even made sewn some placemats and napkins when I find fabrics that match us. That was mostly in my earlier years of doing this (6 years now). I am better at guarding my personal time now and find I had rather do things I enjoy more in my "me" time.

We only have two rooms, so all I really need is 4-5. I got some at WalMart, others at Goodwill, brand new chintz..
Am I the only one who had rather wash and iron whole table cloths than deal with placemats? I do use placemats occassionally but find them more of a hassle to wash than table cloths. And when chargers are used atop table cloths, the cloths are saved from some of the staining. Placemats do work well in trays for in room service, though. All the stores already names are where we have bought most of ours. I can't order because I am one who has to touch the fabric! I have even made sewn some placemats and napkins when I find fabrics that match us. That was mostly in my earlier years of doing this (6 years now). I am better at guarding my personal time now and find I had rather do things I enjoy more in my "me" time.
Iron tablecloths? In summer - wash, hang, fold, put away. In winter - wash, dryer, fold, put away. I also use chargers. Son & d-i-l sent me some placemats for Christmas one year, They were a bugger to deal with - HAD to be ironed. They meant well. I use chargers also. The only thing I iron is pillowcases except in the (love that flannel) flannel sheets season.

Iron tablecloths? In summer - wash, hang, fold, put away. In winter - wash, dryer, fold, put away. I also use chargers. Son & d-i-l sent me some placemats for Christmas one year, They were a bugger to deal with - HAD to be ironed. They meant well. I use chargers also. The only thing I iron is pillowcases except in the (love that flannel) flannel sheets season.
gillumhouse said:
You must locate yourself an old fashioned mangle! They were last made around the year I was born. I didn't discover them until our 3rd year when an angel on this forum named Jeanne saved my life!!!!! I told her she always has a room here! Jeanne, I found a CD online of the advertising video they made in the 40's to promote the Ironrite Mangle. It is such a hoot!!!!!

gillumhouse said:
You must locate yourself an old fashioned mangle! They were last made around the year I was born. I didn't discover them until our 3rd year when an angel on this forum named Jeanne saved my life!!!!! I told her she always has a room here! Jeanne, I found a CD online of the advertising video they made in the 40's to promote the Ironrite Mangle. It is such a hoot!!!!!
A neighbor of ours had one when I was growing up. They are anything but small! I have no room for anything! I did not even have room for a dishwasher. I just make periodic appointments with the dreaded ironing board. Not so bad once I get started. It is the getting started that is problematic!

I don't iron my tablecloths or my placemats... but I find my tablecloths don't have to be changed as often by using the place mats. I wash the placemats with other loads, so it's no biggy.
=)
Kk.

At the risk of having Rupert getting steamed again for the off the subject discussion, I looked at a Mangle but they are far too massive for me. I purchased a table top iron press which takes the 'pressure' off my arm and I get nice ironed sheets etc. Here is a link to view some: www.amazon.com/s/

At the risk of having Rupert getting steamed again for the off the subject discussion, I looked at a Mangle but they are far too massive for me. I purchased a table top iron press which takes the 'pressure' off my arm and I get nice ironed sheets etc. Here is a link to view some: www.amazon.com/s/.
It's not about being steamed, it's just that as innkeepers we seem to have an obsessive NEED to editorialize every little tiny detail. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, especially for a forum like this, but when I'd like the editorializing I'll ask for it. This thread was started specifically to ask for where to get placemats, not to rehash for the 50th time what kind of place settings each of us use and why. If someone wants a thread on the mangle they can certainly start one.

At the risk of having Rupert getting steamed again for the off the subject discussion, I looked at a Mangle but they are far too massive for me. I purchased a table top iron press which takes the 'pressure' off my arm and I get nice ironed sheets etc. Here is a link to view some: www.amazon.com/s/.
I had one of those presses but it blew up after only one year. Electric spark and poof. Happened to someone else too.
Riki

Do you have a Tuesday Morning near you? They had some on sale last week and lots of the same design. Also try Ebay. That's where I get lots of my napkins.
RIki

Back