placing extra towels

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes, I make towel animals like they do on the cruise ships, but then, no one wants to use them because they don't want to mess them up. LOL.
yes, i made little elephants from watching the youtube video of the towel animals ... and guests came and asked for other towels so they wouldn't have to take apart the elephants. not enough towels here for that! so i didn't do it this time.
seashanty said:
yes, i made little elephants from watching the youtube video of the towel animals ... and guests came and asked for other towels so they wouldn't have to take apart the elephants. not enough towels here for that! so i didn't do it this time.
Thanks for the little push. I went to youtube and just made my first elephant... I'm hooked! Not for everyday, but we often have families stay in the big room upstairs and need an extra set of towels for the kids... perfect!
Thanks!
=)
Kk.
you need little stick on eyes or extra sunglasses to really pull it off (especially if your towel animal doesn't quite look like what you hope it will) i have tried to do the puppy, but not so successful with that. the frog is cute and the lobster if you have stiff enough towels looks pretty good.
it's a great activity if you have to keep some children occupied. i went to a wedding recently and got pressed into babysitting duty the night before while some last minute alterations took place. i took a bunch of towels out of the cupboard and the kids and i worked on making animals.
seashanty said:
you need little stick on eyes or extra sunglasses to really pull it off (especially if your towel animal doesn't quite look like what you hope it will) i have tried to do the puppy, but not so successful with that. the frog is cute and the lobster if you have stiff enough towels looks pretty good.
it's a great activity if you have to keep some children occupied. i went to a wedding recently and got pressed into babysitting duty the night before while some last minute alterations took place. i took a bunch of towels out of the cupboard and the kids and i worked on making animals.
on cruises they just tear off a piece of black paper that is the days agenda (from the day before) and stick them on the eyes. The sunglasses are always the guests sunglasses, and for the kids there is always a plate with cookies in front of the towel character (wrapped in plastic wrap). I can tell you we loved them and looked forward to seeing what was next!

Back