Plan hits close to home

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Plan hits close to home[/FONT]
Tampa Tribune
Brenda and Guy Ford say the idea to open the Strawberry House Bed and Breakfast evolved from an "Oprah" episode focusing on homeowners thinking ...

Please read the entire article, especially aspiring innkeepers. Comments welcome!

Sounds all too familiar:) But they managed to do it luckily...and still seem to be smiling. Glad they did their homework.
Did the URL work? It didn't for me.

Makes me appreciate how easy it was for us to open here....no zoning, licensing or other hassles at all. And Oprah recommended it? Oh great is all I can say.

Sounds all too familiar:) But they managed to do it luckily...and still seem to be smiling. Glad they did their homework.
Did the URL work? It didn't for me..
it has a space in it between straw and berry.
The website is nothing so far, just a coming soon and an email link.

Did the URL work? It didn't for me..
it has a space in it between straw and berry.
The website is nothing so far, just a coming soon and an email link.
Oh my...I Hope they plan for better than that:-(

I have to say: I'm not impressed. For a couple of different reasons. One: "An expensive adventure". Oh really? What did they expect?
He can do breakfast if she is ailing? Does she "ail" a lot?? How miserable is she going to be when the first bad review hits? She's miserable now.
Do they have insurance for their swimming pool? Bicycles? Again, is she going to be miserable when that insurance premium is due?
I must be in a bad mood. I'm inclined to say "whatever".
rolleyes.gif

cut n paste and take out the one space... another thing they might want to tend to - getting the website up if they are expecting any guests...
To get out of financial debt - renovate your home and turn it into a B&B at $50,000 a great way out of debt! DOH!

I'm with you today, Penelope...guess it's a bad day but I got NO warm fuzzy from this story, just a "Oh you idiots"...we'll see how long he's willing to "do just about anything" for his guests!

I have to say: I'm not impressed. For a couple of different reasons. One: "An expensive adventure". Oh really? What did they expect?
He can do breakfast if she is ailing? Does she "ail" a lot?? How miserable is she going to be when the first bad review hits? She's miserable now.
Do they have insurance for their swimming pool? Bicycles? Again, is she going to be miserable when that insurance premium is due?
rolleyes.gif
penelope said:
rolleyes.gif
Now that is sweet...you are like the rest of us cantankerous innkeepers that are told are too negative when we spell out the facts on something. instead of saying "Follow your dreams! Anything is possible!"
cheers.gif

rolleyes.gif
penelope said:
rolleyes.gif
Now that is sweet...you are like the rest of us cantankerous innkeepers that are told are too negative when we spell out the facts on something. instead of saying "Follow your dreams! Anything is possible!"
cheers.gif

It's still "follow your deams, anything is possible". Just adding "go in thinking, and with your eyes wide open if you want to succeed".

rolleyes.gif
penelope said:
rolleyes.gif
cheers.gif

It's still "follow your deams, anything is possible". Just adding "go in thinking, and with your eyes wide open if you want to succeed".
Little Blue said:
YES!

what a shame!!
they got some free publicity and it went all wrong.
i don't blame someone for feeling miserable ... when you end up having to jump through the hoops to make it possible and it costs big $$$, it's hard not to feel overwhelmed and like you made the biggest mistake ever. i certainly can relate to those feeings.
but .... you never give an interview and SAY that. you shrug and smile and say 'this place is going to be great' and all good stuff. and if someone gets you to say you had to pay $20,000 for this $10,000 for that ... you shrug and say those expenses weren't anticipated, but repeat repeat repeat 'this place is going to be great' and 'we're going to open in october' or whatever.
those newbies need to come here and gripe and then put on their brave, smiling face to whoever comes knocking.

Back