Planning for Obesity?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve often wondered this myself, but with all of our doorways, including the main entrance, being only 23" wide, and the shower doors being something like 18" to 20" wide; I think that pretty much takes care of that issue for us, while creating a few others that drive me insane at times (such as how to get a new washer/dryer in the crew room, or replacing the hot water heater or other large appliances, etc.)..
Do you post anything to warn guests of narrow/small quarters? How does one politely say you might be too big to fit?
white pine said:
Do you post anything to warn guests of narrow/small quarters? How does one politely say you might be too big to fit?
That is a tough one. Some people think 'small' means really tiny whereas others think 'big' means ballroom sized bathroom! What I do is accentuate the large bathrooms by calling them 'large' and not saying anything about the small bathrooms. we have one couple who always take the detached bath because they're tall and the bathroom is 'big enough' for them.
Hey, you want 'small'? Try the bathrooms on a car ferry! The shower is about 16"x16". The whole bathroom was about 3'x3'.
We have other guests who spend the summer on their boat. They say their stay here is the last space they have to spread out before the summer! So, it's all relative.

Back