Plant rootings

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrap cuttings with a wet paper towel.....
place into a plastic bag, only up to the wet towel....do not insert the entire cutting into the bag.
Do not let it get to hot or leave in the sun.....2 - 3 days in this condition should be fine...before potting them.
Wysteria.....as pretty as the flowers and fragrance are......hellish in the garden....Keep it away from any other shrubs, hedges or trees........leaders tend to grab onto them and very much like Ivy, the Wysteria is spreading where it wasn't intended.....also tends to send vines along the ground.
If one has the diligence to take care of a Wysteria properly......yes, they are spectacular..
Quince does the same thing underground. My kids spent an entire day with shovels, axe, hooking a chain to the axel of an old van (I had visions of the axel still attached to the quince while the rest of the van was 10 feet away) to finally remove a quince bush from my yard. I had a crater to fill in! It spread across the yard with the roots to the edge of my meter well and I am still trying to kill it. It is also crawling up the side of my neighbors house - I pulled it off for a couple years but if he doesn't care enough to go after it - oh well (even when DH was in hospital he mowed his yard and stopped at the line and all dead branches from the shared maple tree - on property line - always seem to blow into MY yard... Hmmm).
We had that with cotoneaster. It stopped the car dead in its tracks and I've noticed it is sprouting up again where it was pulled out.

wysteria.jpg

here's the wysteria where i'm working.
it is on a trellis but i think it should be on a pergola ... i was mistaken about what it's growing on. see how it overwhelms the wood frame? anyway, it's prettier in person

wysteria.jpg

here's the wysteria where i'm working.
it is on a trellis but i think it should be on a pergola ... i was mistaken about what it's growing on. see how it overwhelms the wood frame? anyway, it's prettier in person.
It looks like it has been neglected for a long while. Not trained to drape down. I am surprised the trellis is still standing by the looks of things. Good luck.

i won't be trimming it or working on it ... i only work part time in the little office. i took some cuttings from it because it's really healthy.

Back