Playin' Hooky Today!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Two check-ins who have both confirmed they will be late...heading for a ride in the country and a visit to our favorite swimmin' hole. LIFE IS GOOD!
teeth_smile.gif

Hope y'all have a great Monday.

be sure to leave them a note ... 'since you confirmed your late arrival, your innkeepers will be back at xyz' or something like that.
regular_smile.gif
i SWEAR that the last five times i was told that guests would be arriving late, they arrived at check in time or early and were (ahem) 'miffed' that i went out to the farmer's market or wherever.

2 days ago an arriving guest called the morning of to tell me that they would not be arriving until at least 7:00pm that night. Guess what?!?! They arrived about 3:30!!! I guess they figured we'd be here anyway, so why call us again.
Leave a note and if you have a self check-in system, I would use it for your late arrivals. You just never know!

Have fun today Rupert!
ETA: My mom is visiting from Florida, and is renting a cottage on the lake in my hometown. They are renting a pontoon boat for three days, so you can bet I will be there tomorrow after grocery shopping, and maybe on Thursday too, as we have a full house, but all stayovers! Hooray!!!

I would leave a note or system as my mate tabs had two late checkins so agreed to go to a wedding and then they said actually when she rang to confirm on the day that they would be there at 3 when she would be in the wedding! I volunteered to check them in as only live 100 yards away. Grrr I am having a lazy time as we have the home and gift fair in and all our people are selling so are in for 5 nights and checked them in on Saturday and they leave wednesday morning!! and as most are regulars can leave them to it. Also they are all out by 8am as have to be at their stands. Makes breakfast mad but then I can get the decks cleared!! woo hoo hookey every day!

WOO HOO, got away with it! Had a fantastic time cooling off in a mountain stream yesterday. All guests arrived earlier than they anticipated and were SO glad the key was waitingt for them! Nice people, they hit it off last night and again at breakfast this morning, sometimes ya get lucky!

Back