Pleasantly surprised by occupancy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Not a bad January so far. We've had guests consistently since the 8th and we're actually full this Friday and Saturday. I'm really really hoping this bodes well for the rest of the Off-Season. Last year was vile.
It's kind of snuck up on me. I've been so pre-occupied with the new place and repurposing our store that it was actually a surprise when someone called for a room last night and I realized I was assigning the last one. The nice thing is that three of the rooms are non-related repeat guests.

Congrats on the busy January! How's everything going with your new big place? Is it a summer seasonal resort or will you be open all year? Plus revamping the store? I don't know how you manage to do all you do. I get tired just thinking about it!

Congrats on the busy January! How's everything going with your new big place? Is it a summer seasonal resort or will you be open all year? Plus revamping the store? I don't know how you manage to do all you do. I get tired just thinking about it!.
Right now, VERY seasonal, but that will change. Once we get our feet wet, we'll probably keep the restaurant / bar and main building rooms open most of the year.
Trust me - I absolutely do not do more than anyone else on this forum .... I get exhausted reading about all the fabulous renovations, innovations etc that everybody is involved with. There is so much I WANT to do ....... it'll all get done one day :)

Welcome back Tipsy! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am excited to hear about your new place

Congrats on the busy January! How's everything going with your new big place? Is it a summer seasonal resort or will you be open all year? Plus revamping the store? I don't know how you manage to do all you do. I get tired just thinking about it!.
Right now, VERY seasonal, but that will change. Once we get our feet wet, we'll probably keep the restaurant / bar and main building rooms open most of the year.
Trust me - I absolutely do not do more than anyone else on this forum .... I get exhausted reading about all the fabulous renovations, innovations etc that everybody is involved with. There is so much I WANT to do ....... it'll all get done one day :)
The Tipsy Butler said:
Trust me - I absolutely do not do more than anyone else on this forum ....
Oh don't tell me that! I need role models who I think do more than me! That's how I push myself to keep going when I'd rather just, well, not.
:)

Welcome back Tipsy! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am excited to hear about your new place.
I'm deeply sorry I don't get to read / post much anymore. I LOVE this forum - it's one of the only ones I know that manages to be forthright and caring at the same time.
I'm anxious about the new place but in a very positive / excited way. It has so much potential and I don't want to screw it up. Our other project is turning the Gourmet Store into a Wine Bar. The store was a mistake. Not a great big one luckily and we learnt alot. Given what we know now, The Wobbly Knees Wine and Cheese should be a much better fit, both for the town and our schedules.

Tipsy, I have forgotten where you other Inn is located? Just a town if you prefer not to mention the name again...Thanks!

Welcome back Tipsy! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am excited to hear about your new place.
I'm deeply sorry I don't get to read / post much anymore. I LOVE this forum - it's one of the only ones I know that manages to be forthright and caring at the same time.
I'm anxious about the new place but in a very positive / excited way. It has so much potential and I don't want to screw it up. Our other project is turning the Gourmet Store into a Wine Bar. The store was a mistake. Not a great big one luckily and we learnt alot. Given what we know now, The Wobbly Knees Wine and Cheese should be a much better fit, both for the town and our schedules.
The Tipsy Butler said:
I LOVE that name! It's terrific! When it's open, yell, we'll come up and take up residency in a dark corner!
How is that new pub in your 'front yard' working out?

wobbly knees wine and cheese! and a tipsy butler.
wink_smile.gif

Glad to hear from you Tipsy and it is wonderful that you are having so many guests. 'Wobbly Knees' - what a kick... you will do well.

Congrats on the guests! Keep us posted on The Wobbly Knees....maybe some of us will finally get up there and make some of our own knees wobbly...haha!

Back