Please deliver me from....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
The guy who used both a washcloth AND a hand towel yesterday to polish his shoes. With polish.

The guy who called Saturday night (Sunday morning) at 2:15 a.m. and asked "Y'all got any rooms?"

The New-Agey woman who told me last week "Your plants are screaming". Apparently my houseplants needed water (no doubt true) and they were screaming. I resisted the urge to tell her I wished they'd scream a little louder so I could hear them, and then I'd remember to water them.

The older woman in our cottage (husband has a heart condition and can't 'do' steps and this is our only first-floor room), who insists that she smells mold! I've got a super-sensitive sniffer and I couldn't smell anything but her perfume!

The no fat, no yolk, no sugar, no white flour etc etc yada yada yada diet people who grab one of my white, dark and milk chocolate chip cookies on the tour to their room....
RIki

All the people here during one of our busiest weeks of the year who somehow think they're doing me a favor by being here...please take your attitude downtown and see how far it gets you.

The 9:30 AM doorbell ringers who wanted to check-in while I'm serving breakfast.

The 4:00am dude who goes fishing and wakes us up because we have a drive way bell. Oh yeah, have I failed to mention, this is a romantic getaway? Left her behind and now we have very tired innkeepers.

The 4:00am dude who goes fishing and wakes us up because we have a drive way bell. Oh yeah, have I failed to mention, this is a romantic getaway? Left her behind and now we have very tired innkeepers..
Breakfast Diva said:
The 4:00am dude who goes fishing and wakes us up because we have a drive way bell. Oh yeah, have I failed to mention, this is a romantic getaway? Left her behind and now we have very tired innkeepers.
Maybe THiS is his romantic getaway idea...
2730890856_b7163dfc38.jpg

The guy who was here for 3 days and went through about 20 K-cups even though the pot of freshly brewed coffee was right in front of him!.
It is for that reason that we stock only decaf and flavoured coffee k-cups. We learnt that lesson quickly. We keep some stong black coffee k-cups hidden if we run out of the pot.

The 4:00am dude who goes fishing and wakes us up because we have a drive way bell. Oh yeah, have I failed to mention, this is a romantic getaway? Left her behind and now we have very tired innkeepers..
Breakfast Diva said:
Maybe THiS is his romantic getaway idea...
2730890856_b7163dfc38.jpg

LOL...good one JB!

Guests with mobility issues who want a second floor room. When a first floor room is available.

The "daughter" of the mobility chanllenged parents that made the reservation knowing it was on the third floor. Mother insisted on wanting to know how she would be escaping if there should be a fire-we said "with the rope ladder" she looked like she was about to have a coronary-DH said. Luckily they decided to leave the next morning without incident of fire or ambulatory exits.

The boys from Arkansas who smoked in their room, then objected when we told them there would be an additional $150 cleaning fee because we hadn't "warned" them of our no-smoking policy (notwithstanding the decals on the doors, the guest guide, or our e-mail confirmation receipt, or our website).
After we got that fru-fru settled, one of the boys in the party (from Denver), confided to me that he had an MMJ card.
"Whass that?" queried I.
"It's a medical marijuana card. But the law says I can't smoke in public and you say I can't smoke in the room."
Now this was a strapping, good-looking kid whose only medical problem was that he was stupid.
"Well," sez I, "I guess you'll have to forgo your treatments while staying at the Lodge."
"Yea," sez he, " I guess I will."
Problem solved.

Back