PLEASE elaborate!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Just got a text message, "I would like to find out if I left an item there during our visit in August. I can't find it anywhere."

Sigh. Why not go so far as to tell me what item you're looking for? Why do we have to exchange multiple messages just to get to the meat of the issue?? I thought this sort of thing only happened to Morticia.

I texted back simply "OK". If she can be cryptic, I can be also.

I love these games! Especially when they don’t tell you who they are and they use a different email than the one they used to make the reservation!

Maybe reply back with a list of things (real and imagined) that were left behind and ask if any of those are what they’re looking for.

Better still, back when we left the door unlocked, I found a previous guest in a guest room looking for whatever it was that she left the previous week. Of course, it’s still there! We haven’t cleaned that room yet!

Maybe it’s the $10k diamond tennis bracelet or the boxers covered in hearts or the slice of wedding cake you forgot to eat on your anniversary! So many options!

She came back with the item description, her name, the suite they stayed in, and the dates. Now, 3 exchanges into this, we can begin...

It's a curling iron, of course. They don't ask about all the chargers they leave, but a curling iron, that's important. I hate to think what she must have looked like since she left it here August 3.

(And some people don't understand why some of us want to post anonymously here. Sheesh.)

A curling iron ... item most often found in the guest fridge.
Charger ... item most often found plugged in near the bed.
Dirty underwear ... item most often found that I claimed never to have seen.
Adult toys ... items most often answering the description of all three above.

Back