Please feel free to stay somewhere else.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Handed Jill

Reaction score
<SIGH> Right now, I am just puzzled why someone would prefer to disregard/debate our policies rather than just stay somewhere else. Really.
I know. They stay, they pay, they go away. (and this is part of my concern about the BnB. com's online booking program...the loss of that little decline button for aspiring DNBAs)
Thanks for listening

I hear that. I have only recently discovered that you must ask bed and breakfast .com to intigrate (sp?) your webervations availbility with their online availability or the guests that book on bed and breakfast .com will be able to book rooms you may not have available.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

This happened to me last weekend and I learned the hard way. Don't trust them either. Keep checking to make sure the availabilty they show is the availability you have. Once a guest books you can not cancel them as they have already paid in advance. It was a nightmare for me.

FD - wounder if it was a slip up with you or if I just had good assistance at BnB when I signed up. They told me that they asked me if I kept my Webervations up to date and then said they would use my webervations availabiltiy for the online booking. They stressed how I must be prompt in adding any reservations I take in though other means as you are rignt, any reservations through that system are firm!
I do check the BnB system regularly as I do block times that I know I can book myself. I usually have all weekends blocked and only unblock those still open 2 weeks prior. This may limit how many bookings I get through the system, but since I am only getting 70%, I really do not want to have masses of bookings that way.

Sometimes guests find they have waited too long to make a rez so they book whatever is open regardless of the policies; however, if it is a blatant disregard it's usually because they're 'special' and rules apply to the 'little people' and not them.

Sometimes guests find they have waited too long to make a rez so they book whatever is open regardless of the policies; however, if it is a blatant disregard it's usually because they're 'special' and rules apply to the 'little people' and not them..
Yes, Morticia. I think this lady is special, she made a point of telling me who in town she's related to AND that she knows some of my family.
She was also openly disparaging of our "little business." <RHJ goes off to cultivate compassion and hospitality-like demeanor>

Sometimes guests find they have waited too long to make a rez so they book whatever is open regardless of the policies; however, if it is a blatant disregard it's usually because they're 'special' and rules apply to the 'little people' and not them..
Yes, Morticia. I think this lady is special, she made a point of telling me who in town she's related to AND that she knows some of my family.
She was also openly disparaging of our "little business." <RHJ goes off to cultivate compassion and hospitality-like demeanor>
Sorry, that happened to you. That's just out and out mean!

2 options that I see right off...explain that you don't think your place is the right fit for her and you would be happy to help her find other accommodations or, as someone explained to me, don't let her get to you and when she leaves graciously express to her what a difficult client you found her to be but that you think you did a wonderful job of meeting her expectations.

2 options that I see right off...explain that you don't think your place is the right fit for her and you would be happy to help her find other accommodations or, as someone explained to me, don't let her get to you and when she leaves graciously express to her what a difficult client you found her to be but that you think you did a wonderful job of meeting her expectations.
Morticia said:
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Back