Please go away door hanger

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do get a lot of military - some can't eat breakfast as they have to be at the base by 7 - we've offered a continental and it was well received, and others said they couldn't eat that early in the morning and passed on the offer. But we do have enough baked goods in the freezer that I can easily pull something together for a to-go bag... fruit, bread, and coffee/juice in to-go cups..
greyswan said:
We do get a lot of military - some can't eat breakfast as they have to be at the base by 7 - we've offered a continental and it was well received, and others said they couldn't eat that early in the morning and passed on the offer. But we do have enough baked goods in the freezer that I can easily pull something together for a to-go bag... fruit, bread, and coffee/juice in to-go cups.
Do they eat at the base though? I would check on this before packing a to-go bag and having them toss it. Most likely they can get whatever they want there.

We do get a lot of military - some can't eat breakfast as they have to be at the base by 7 - we've offered a continental and it was well received, and others said they couldn't eat that early in the morning and passed on the offer. But we do have enough baked goods in the freezer that I can easily pull something together for a to-go bag... fruit, bread, and coffee/juice in to-go cups..
greyswan said:
We do get a lot of military - some can't eat breakfast as they have to be at the base by 7 - we've offered a continental and it was well received, and others said they couldn't eat that early in the morning and passed on the offer. But we do have enough baked goods in the freezer that I can easily pull something together for a to-go bag... fruit, bread, and coffee/juice in to-go cups.
Do they eat at the base though? I would check on this before packing a to-go bag and having them toss it. Most likely they can get whatever they want there.
Hmmm decisions decisions .... base food prepared for the masses or B&B goodies...... sign me up for the B&B goodies any day :)

greyswan said:
good point... I'll have to check into that.

greyswan said:
Hmmm decisions decisions .... base food prepared for the masses or B&B goodies...... sign me up for the B&B goodies any day :)
swirt said:
You can't fit bacon eggs and fried potatoes into a to-go bag unfortunately. You know these military and contractor types.
Our business guests here sometimes will have a business breakfast meeting somewhere, so I always need to confirm that.
I think Grey Swan might have the same there. All the better to have them come back to the B&B for the breakfast meeting! I like to do this as it brings it in view for the local contact for future referalls.

greyswan said:
swirt said:
You can't fit bacon eggs and fried potatoes into a to-go bag unfortunately. You know these military and contractor types.
Our business guests here sometimes will have a business breakfast meeting somewhere, so I always need to confirm that.
I think Grey Swan might have the same there. All the better to have them come back to the B&B for the breakfast meeting! I like to do this as it brings it in view for the local contact for future referalls.
Yes, we do have business meetings here for a group that stays here. Their local associates (1-3 persons) are invited to eat breakfast here as they conduct their meetings. We've been serving the locals at no charge because the PO did that and they do give us a lot of repeat business. (quarterly reservations up to 6 different guests, 1 - 3 nights) For any other business who would want to do that, we would charge $10 per person for breakfast.

Back