Please go away door hanger

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Okay it is official! My least favorite guests are here.
This is a FIRST...in all my years so far, a first. I will tell you what happened, then give you a wee bit of background to which you all will go, ahhhhh I see.
Making up one room. Freshening 2 rooms. This just happened, 5 minutes ago.
One room to freshen - the door is not locked, the bed is made, the room is tidy. I empty the trash, restock towels and items, and place chocolates near bed. Nice. Love this couple. They are here one more night, I hope they come back!
Go to the other room to freshen. Hm, that's strange I cannot get the door open (this room has an outside door to the gardens as well). Odd, it unlocked okay, I announce it is me to freshen their room, as I hear the tv blaring...I push it...there is a SUITCASE stacked up against the door. !!! It falls over. Clothes go everywhere that were laying on and around it.
There is a full size dresser, a tall boy and nigthstand, plus closet for GUESTS BELONGINGS, in case you are wondering.
WHAT THE!
I grab the luggage rack and put it near the opposite wall and toss the suitcase on it.
Meanwhile swinging on the inside of this door are two cross stitched signs "Please come in" and in front of that - the only one you can see "Please go away"
I left it facing the guest room - "PLEASE GO AWAY"
GRRRRRRRRRR

background - this morning i was in the dining room writing on the board happy 60th anniversary Mr and Mrs so-and-so. Everyone would love to celebrate with them, right?
They do not show for breakfast. At check in they told DH that they get up at 6am and would only eat breakfast at that time.
He told them "I am sorry but we have ten at the table tomorrow we cannot do that early breakfast for you." on a sunday I might add...
They said to him, "Then you can credit the meal to our bill." To which he explained, "breakfast is complimentary, you can either it or not eat it."
they were appauled.
they would wake up the entire place eating breakfast at 6am, with me getting up at 5am to cook it for them!!!! They had no place to be til noon - they are just curmudgeons! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
So in the kitchen I see them drive away at 730am probably to go to mcdonalds or something. We do a mini high-five and continue with breakfast.
Ahhhhh we all have favorites don't we?!

So they put their suitcase up against the inside door so you couldn't get in from that side? How did they get to breakfast? From the outside? I'm assuming they were gone given the TV was on...
wink_smile.gif

PS below the suitcase I found a piece of broken black plastic. I quickly inspected it and could not see where it came from. I was not about to rifle through the inside to see if it fell out of there. I was going to toss it, but thought it is probably a trick, so I places it on the dresser near the tv.

I got one, all our signage is "if you want your room fluffed let us know and place hanger, send cleaning fairies, side out...and please use towels twice or leave on floor if you want new ones"
Go to room, sing on door, go in room, bed is made, sink is clean, towels are hanging, very tiny bit of trash, so what exactly did they want done? Hubs says leave it, they don't need anything, I say they DIDN'T READ (as we all know....) and expect a full fluff.
Opinions?

they want the fairy dust left behind by the cleaning fairies, silly! you had to ask?
wink_smile.gif

background - this morning i was in the dining room writing on the board happy 60th anniversary Mr and Mrs so-and-so. Everyone would love to celebrate with them, right?
They do not show for breakfast. At check in they told DH that they get up at 6am and would only eat breakfast at that time.
He told them "I am sorry but we have ten at the table tomorrow we cannot do that early breakfast for you." on a sunday I might add...
They said to him, "Then you can credit the meal to our bill." To which he explained, "breakfast is complimentary, you can either it or not eat it."
they were appauled.
they would wake up the entire place eating breakfast at 6am, with me getting up at 5am to cook it for them!!!! They had no place to be til noon - they are just curmudgeons! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
So in the kitchen I see them drive away at 730am probably to go to mcdonalds or something. We do a mini high-five and continue with breakfast.
Ahhhhh we all have favorites don't we?!.
We woulda told 'em the same thing only, if they HAD to have brekkie then, we woulda said, "there will be muffins and fruit and coffee out for you," and put it out the night before...

they were appauled.
We woulda told 'em the same thing only, if they HAD to have brekkie then, we woulda said, "there will be muffins and fruit and coffee out for you," and put it out the night before...
inncogneeto said:
He did say something to that when he saw them later on. But that was not good enough. They wanted their room rate reduced. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE.
BTW Innkeepers - this is WHY this forum is so great. We back each other up on this stuff, BREAKFAST IS COMPLIMENTARY.
I had dropped $5 a person a few times in year one and two before I got that line STUCK IN MY CRAW for the betterment of this B&B and innkeeper.

they want the fairy dust left behind by the cleaning fairies, silly! you had to ask?
wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
In this business the cleaning fairies leave behind chocolate.
That is what they wanted, chocolate!!! WHICH btw I did not put next to the bed in the booby-trap room. NO WAY, SORRY CHARLIE. I could have walked in and killed myself over this. I was set up!

they were appauled.
inncogneeto said:
He did say something to that when he saw them later on. But that was not good enough. They wanted their room rate reduced. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE.
BTW Innkeepers - this is WHY this forum is so great. We back each other up on this stuff, BREAKFAST IS COMPLIMENTARY.
I had dropped $5 a person a few times in year one and two before I got that line STUCK IN MY CRAW for the betterment of this B&B and innkeeper.
Do your policies cover this? Ours do, it says if you can't stay for our seated meal, a to-go breakfast is available, says on th ewebsite what time brekkie is, complimentary and no discounts for missing, blah blah blah...so lame you have to get into all this...
confused_smile.gif

I got one, all our signage is "if you want your room fluffed let us know and place hanger, send cleaning fairies, side out...and please use towels twice or leave on floor if you want new ones"
Go to room, sing on door, go in room, bed is made, sink is clean, towels are hanging, very tiny bit of trash, so what exactly did they want done? Hubs says leave it, they don't need anything, I say they DIDN'T READ (as we all know....) and expect a full fluff.
Opinions?.
inncogneeto said:
Opinions?
Does your sign really say, 'Send in the cleaning fairies'? I love that!

they were appauled.
inncogneeto said:
Do your policies cover this? Ours do, it says if you can't stay for our seated meal, a to-go breakfast is available, says on th ewebsite what time brekkie is, complimentary and no discounts for missing, blah blah blah...so lame you have to get into all this...
confused_smile.gif

I don't mention to go breakfasts because I really don't want the hassle of making 2 different breakfasts. Because it's not me who would be hassled but hubs and I try not to hassle him.
Most guests who hear brekkie is at 8 will wait for it. Some can't, they have deadlines to be somewhere. We can start at 7:30 if that helps them. Otherwise we offer the cereal option at 7. (Not the cereal and everything in the fridge option that those other guests took at 4 AM.)

they were appauled.
inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif

inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif
once again, curmudgeons. Old--non-internet-people. Altho I mailed the confirmation to her, I do not have pages and pages of "if you want breakfast or not...then do this or that." In the room it says "If you cannot make breakfast to please be considerate and let us know in advance."
It states on the confirm, in the room and ON THE TABLE and in person by the innkeeper checking them in: breakfast is served at 9am, then about dietary requirements.
These are not business travelers. See what I mean? It is ALL diff if that were the case. They are just being difficult. Pure and simple, as it demonstrated by my "let's kill the maid" routine in their room.

they were appauled.
inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif

inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif
If this were midweek and we had business guests that is a diff story. To demand 6am breakfast on a SUNDAY MORNING? Go take a flying leap.
Oops, don't want aspirings to get the wrong idea here...but some people are purely BAD GUESTS. There are guests you will not like. You may not even be able to tolerate. Fortunately they are gone for the day, so I can tolerate that in small amounts.

they were appauled.
inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif

inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif
If this were midweek and we had business guests that is a diff story. To demand 6am breakfast on a SUNDAY MORNING? Go take a flying leap.
Oops, don't want aspirings to get the wrong idea here...but some people are purely BAD GUESTS. There are guests you will not like. You may not even be able to tolerate. Fortunately they are gone for the day, so I can tolerate that in small amounts.
Oh, no, the early brekkie guests are coming back? Egads.

they were appauled.
inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif

inncogneeto said:
confused_smile.gif
Bree said:
Yeah that was how I tripped over the suitcase and nearly broke my neck. Oh wait, my story groweth, I only knocked over the suitcase. They are here tonight and will not eat breakfast again tomorrow.

Opinions?.
inncogneeto said:
Opinions?
Does your sign really say, 'Send in the cleaning fairies'? I love that!
yes
heart.gif

update:
Lest anyone get the wrong idea, I am on here to vent or share guest stories. With guests I am the model of diplomacy and ultimate kindness.
I am not sure if I mentioned but I wrote on the board in the dining room - 50% to be nice, 50% for guilting, the "Happy 60th Anniv Mr and Mrs!"
Well guess what, or should I say, who came to the door? Mrs so-and-so and said they would like to have breakfast tomorrow...AT 9am with the other guests.
!!!! (Glad I saved a few fresh strawberries to make some fans with them)
So this is good since our other guests are terrific! One from o/s who I already insulted by claiming his countrymen wore camouflage. In fun...that was.
Yes, it was FUNNY at the time. This partilcular country is not known for abundant sunshine. So they come here to feel the sun and see the blue skies.
Well this other dude appeared in tight short shorts with these long bean pole brilliantly white legs! When he was on the porch he blended in with the porch columns! He was a great guy, just very very translucent.

wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
I can see it now, me and old bearded fat man in a tutu fluffing the room. I ain't nobody's fairy!
angry_smile.gif

Back