Please help with dryer woes!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I'm coming late into the discussion (still catching up from last week).
Have you tried it without the dryer balls? I think of them as beating clothing into softness, but possibly causing twisted wads.
Even with just sheets mine do the same as yours. Mixing other items in seems to exacerbate the twisting. Since small things are part of the problem, that's why I'm wondering if your dryer balls are contributing to the issue.
My dryer has an alert for "damp" (I forget the proper term), which I set to "on." When I hear the alert I go take out what's mostly dry, and I untangle the twisted mass and throw them back in for more time. It's better than doing them separately.
I also try to untwist as much as possible when I transfer from washer to dryer, rather than taking everything out in a big mass and dumping it into the dryer. I take each sheet out, shake it a bit, sort of loosely clump it and then throw it in, so it's not all stretched out the long way, or all twisted when it goes in.
It's worth a try...
Mine don't do it every time. If I figure out why, I'll let you know.
=)
Kk.

Sorry I'm coming late into the discussion (still catching up from last week).
Have you tried it without the dryer balls? I think of them as beating clothing into softness, but possibly causing twisted wads.
Even with just sheets mine do the same as yours. Mixing other items in seems to exacerbate the twisting. Since small things are part of the problem, that's why I'm wondering if your dryer balls are contributing to the issue.
My dryer has an alert for "damp" (I forget the proper term), which I set to "on." When I hear the alert I go take out what's mostly dry, and I untangle the twisted mass and throw them back in for more time. It's better than doing them separately.
I also try to untwist as much as possible when I transfer from washer to dryer, rather than taking everything out in a big mass and dumping it into the dryer. I take each sheet out, shake it a bit, sort of loosely clump it and then throw it in, so it's not all stretched out the long way, or all twisted when it goes in.
It's worth a try...
Mine don't do it every time. If I figure out why, I'll let you know.
=)
Kk..
I started off without the dryer balls. Now I just dry half a load at a time. I stack the rest up in the sink so I can keep the washer going. 20 minute cycles. If everything is still tangled, I untangle and restart. It's taking less time except I'm answering the stupid buzzer every 20 minutes.

I dry my sheets - 2 or 3 at a time for 20 mins.... Seems to work better than all at once. Some that are poly/cotton don't require that and come out great.

THE DWADDER

One of the most time-consuming uses of a dryer is drying blankets and sheets. The reason it takes so long is the blanket or sheet can be twisted into a tightwad or ball during the drying cycle. Once this happens the dryer is incapable of drying the center of the wadded blanket or sheet. The solution today is to take the blanket or sheet out of the dryer halfway through the drying cycle and unwad the bundle of sheets or blankets.

Then place the blanket or sheet back into the dryer to restart the dryer cycle over and over again until the blanket or sheet is dried. If you forget to
unwad the blanket or sheet when you get ready to make the bed, the blanket and or the sheet will be wet. In order the fix this problem the Dwadder is strapped to the sheet or blanket using a silicone cord before it is placed into the dryer. Once the dryer is started the blanket or sheet will wrap around the device allowing a space to be in the center of the blanket or sheet. With the space that is created by the
Dwadder the center of your blanket and sheet will dry faster and will not roll into a tight ball or cylinder shape. This will help save time drying your sheets and blankets. The device will also prevent wadding of your sheets and blankets so you don’t have to
unwad your blankets and sheets half way between the drying cycles.

The Dwadder will save you time and money. It can save up to 30 minutes off your drying time. This will save you energy. You will save time and worry less about your blanket or sheet not being completely dried when the drying process is finished. As an added feature the HDPE plastic ball opens to allow for a dryer safe fragrance to be placed inside the ball. This will reduce the use of dryer sheets.
We would love to have you as our customer. We know that the Dwadder will save you time, money and
lower the frustration of drying laundry.
For more information and
videos on how to assemble and use the Dwadder come visit us at
WWW. Defuturesolutions.com
Contact Information:

Back