Please Help With My Fridge

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkeeprs

Reaction score
Ok , If anyone can help me it is a Innkeeper. LOL I have a stainless steel refrigerator that I cannot keep clean ( Finger prints, smudges ) you name it. I have tried everything to clean it. Even the cleaner they say just for stainless frig. I am sure someone can help me out. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I am in the appliance business. Sell 100's of SS units every year. My line to customers: "Use the handle & there will be no fingerprints"
wink_smile.gif

There is a product on the market that we sell called Gleemit. It is a canola oil based product with some preservatives in it. Food safe. Kids can lick it. Dogs can nose it. Easy to apply. Clean off the appliance with lemon soap & water. You may have to do this several time to strip off any other product on there. When you have only the raw SS left, apply Gleemit to a soft cloth ( we use a sponge at the store) wipe on the fridge; let sit for a couple of minutes & wipe off the excess with a soft cloth. Even if you have fingerprints they will "disappear" after several hours when the oil fills in the area. You will have to reapply every couple of months & strip off as needed. This is the easiest product that us lazy salesmen have found to use. Hope that helps.
BBBBoB

I had a stainless steel refrigerator once. I don't have it anymore! Mostly because of the fingerprint issue. They look great if you never touch them, plus I use the front of my fridge for magnet boards with instructions for the housekeepers. I had some special cleaner but it never really seemed to help.

I had a stainless steel refrigerator once. I don't have it anymore! Mostly because of the fingerprint issue. They look great if you never touch them, plus I use the front of my fridge for magnet boards with instructions for the housekeepers. I had some special cleaner but it never really seemed to help..
I just use Glass plus on mine. I tried a special stainless cleaner and it was a mess...left more streaks if you didn't spend hours buffing it. I don't know why everyone is so into Stainless when it is a total pain!!! Next appliances I have will not be stainless.

I use one of the "environmentally friendly" stainless steel cleaners for my big range and SS hood. It never works as well as I'd like but I'm not spending my life cleaning the front of that big appliance.
wink_smile.gif

When I bought the big 3 door fridge, the salesman tried to talk me into getting stainless steel. Nope.... I have a white one.
Best of luck! They are a pain in the patoot to keep clean.........

The cleaners can vary, but the microfiber cleaning cloths are my best friend for the stainless surfaces! They really seem to grip on fingerprints and other greasy/oily stuff.

hmmm ... i loved my stainless appliances. and i miss them! we used a spray foam cleaner for stainless appliances(probably nasty environmentally ... as most of those super cleaners i grew up with are) so i sometimes used some liquid stuff to buff.
my fridge wasn't magnetic (i'm not a magnet person)
anyway, i bought it from hd supply solutions and it was called zep.
if you EVER have any time, visit a small appliance store with gleaming displays and ask what they use to clean their floor models. that's where i found the zep. waiting for the salesman to see if they carried a certain d/w, i asked.

A little bit (1/4 cup or less) of ammonia in a spray bottle of water works pretty well for us. (don't do this if you have really hard water) as the ammonia is a great de-greaser then evaporates quickly. We use it on our Corian countertops and our stainless steel stove and stainless steel microwave.

A little bit (1/4 cup or less) of ammonia in a spray bottle of water works pretty well for us. (don't do this if you have really hard water) as the ammonia is a great de-greaser then evaporates quickly. We use it on our Corian countertops and our stainless steel stove and stainless steel microwave..
swirt said:
A little bit (1/4 cup or less) of ammonia in a spray bottle of water works pretty well for us. (don't do this if you have really hard water) as the ammonia is a great de-greaser then evaporates quickly. We use it on our Corian countertops and our stainless steel stove and stainless steel microwave.
Does it negatively impact granite? For being stone, it is remarkably delicate when it comes time to clean it. :(

Here's a hint the I learned from my daughter. Wipe the direction of the "grain". Try it it makes a difference!
teeth_smile.gif

A little bit (1/4 cup or less) of ammonia in a spray bottle of water works pretty well for us. (don't do this if you have really hard water) as the ammonia is a great de-greaser then evaporates quickly. We use it on our Corian countertops and our stainless steel stove and stainless steel microwave..
swirt said:
Does it negatively impact granite? For being stone, it is remarkably delicate when it comes time to clean it. :(
Good question. I have no idea, I wouldn't think it would, but I would try it in an inconspicous place. The Amonnia and water was the recommeded cleaner from the people that installed our Corian.

Spray the inside of the fridge with a solution of vinegar and water, concentrating on soiled areas and let it soak in. Wash the removed shelves and drawers with warm soapy water and set them aside to dry. Head back to the fridge and wipe everything down with a rag. Dry shelves and drawers and return them to the fridge.

Natural products can be very useful when cleaning a refrigerator, and they are safe ways to keep the appliance clean and hygienic. Regular baking soda can be great for removing stains and absorbing bad odours, while white vinegar is good for cleaning any stainless steel elements, including refrigerator doors if you have a stainless steel model. Just remember to test on a small area first to check there are no adverse effects.

Back