Please let me vent or should that be the guests want a vent?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
What the heck is wrong with people! I have a sign on the door RIGHT ABOVE THE DOOR KNOB THAT THEY PHYSICALLY PUT THEIR GROTTY HANDS ON that reads - PLEASE KEEP DOOR CLOSED.
WHAT THE HECK! I turn around and it is wide open.
Let's see 95 heat index yesterday, a/c is ON ON ON to cut the humidity - which we rarely have - but as you know we all have in the am's. DOH!!!!
I am about to throttle someone. Should I, do you dare me, ask at the table "Were you born in a barn?"

Maybe your geusts came here. I'm short on help today so I'm trying ot get the housekeeper set up by stripping the beds ahead of here and brining in the clean sheets and twoels. One room that has been annoying me since they arrived left the door to the room open and the air on high. The vent in the bathroom is sucking all the nice cool air to the outside. We're on an islnad it was around 60 degrees last night. There was no need to run the air at all. Just waiting to hear what oter joys those two left behind.

I caught the cuplrit and closed it yet again right in front of him. What did he do, Open is and stand there. Hey buddy go out ON THE PORCH if you want the FRESH OUTSIDE AIR!! DOH!

I caught the cuplrit and closed it yet again right in front of him. What did he do, Open is and stand there. Hey buddy go out ON THE PORCH if you want the FRESH OUTSIDE AIR!! DOH!.
Holy cow! That is one dense guest you have there. Did you say the typical momism? 'In or out, take your pick.'

I caught the cuplrit and closed it yet again right in front of him. What did he do, Open is and stand there. Hey buddy go out ON THE PORCH if you want the FRESH OUTSIDE AIR!! DOH!.
Holy cow! That is one dense guest you have there. Did you say the typical momism? 'In or out, take your pick.'
Bree said:
He was like a little child. Slap his hand and he reaches back for the door! I corralled him into the dining room is what I did. Which he did with hesitation. Passive agressive - yes I will be in there, momentarily. (IOTW, when he wants to). You know what I mean. Everyone else is there BUT him and they are all standing behind their chairs (which I have not see happen before). It was a weekend of firsts for me.

Bree said:
He was like a little child. Slap his hand and he reaches back for the door! I corralled him into the dining room is what I did. Which he did with hesitation. Passive agressive - yes I will be in there, momentarily. (IOTW, when he wants to). You know what I mean. Everyone else is there BUT him and they are all standing behind their chairs (which I have not see happen before). It was a weekend of firsts for me.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Oh, yeah, that kind winds me right up. I'd serve without him being seated as he is being rude. If it was a 2-top table and he was holding up only his spouse, I'd let her deal with it and serve everyone else.
I had one this morning I thought was actually going to say something to me about it when I served another table before her. She had a 'special' breakfast because she doesn't eat what was being served. (The first of 2 this morning.) Well, her special breakfast wasn't done when the other table's brekkie was ready, I wasn't serving table 2 cold food so she could have hers first. She saw me set those plates down and I saw her mouth start to move.

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Oh, yeah, that kind winds me right up. I'd serve without him being seated as he is being rude. If it was a 2-top table and he was holding up only his spouse, I'd let her deal with it and serve everyone else.
I had one this morning I thought was actually going to say something to me about it when I served another table before her. She had a 'special' breakfast because she doesn't eat what was being served. (The first of 2 this morning.) Well, her special breakfast wasn't done when the other table's brekkie was ready, I wasn't serving table 2 cold food so she could have hers first. She saw me set those plates down and I saw her mouth start to move.
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
I have a kid who is this way, partial obedience - passive aggressive. I will seemingly (in appearances) do what you ask, but sabotage it. He KNEW I kept shutting this door, so then he opened it back up and stood in the doorway - go in go out...BREAKFAST IS SERVED I announce. Come on into the dining room. I am onto you buddy! THIS AIN'T MY FIRST RODEO!

Here's a (possible/partial) solution. Our building code requires them on certain doors..
IronGate said:
Here's a (possible/partial) solution. Our building code requires them on certain doors.
Yes I know those are out there, did I mention this house and THAT door was built in 1 8 9 5 ? A big rubber bat across the head might be more effective. I was going to give my schpeal about the county jail being two blocks over with murderers in there.

Back