Please Weigh In On This One

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that this response is a bit late but one way you all can handle the no pet issue is to say the following in your policies.
"We do not allow guest pets anywhere on our property including our parking lot."
This would mean the guest couldn't bring them in the house or have them in their car on your parking lot.
If they chose to park on a public street, that is out of your hands.
Unfortunately, guests love to take advantage of the good nature of innkeepers. They get upset when we stand pat and enforce our rules. Threatening and innkeeper, just makes us more resolved to enforce the policies. It is just a pain that we have to deal with guests on TA that do lie. The best policy is to always document what happened right away in their reservation so that you don't have any lapse in memory of what went on..
What makes me spare is people complain Oh there was lots of signs don't do this or that or a huge list of policies - people like this are why!!!! I have had people stay who were astounded that people smoke in rooms "but your non smoking" yes but people have this attitude that this does not apply to me! grrrr

I know that this response is a bit late but one way you all can handle the no pet issue is to say the following in your policies.
"We do not allow guest pets anywhere on our property including our parking lot."
This would mean the guest couldn't bring them in the house or have them in their car on your parking lot.
If they chose to park on a public street, that is out of your hands.
Unfortunately, guests love to take advantage of the good nature of innkeepers. They get upset when we stand pat and enforce our rules. Threatening and innkeeper, just makes us more resolved to enforce the policies. It is just a pain that we have to deal with guests on TA that do lie. The best policy is to always document what happened right away in their reservation so that you don't have any lapse in memory of what went on..
What makes me spare is people complain Oh there was lots of signs don't do this or that or a huge list of policies - people like this are why!!!! I have had people stay who were astounded that people smoke in rooms "but your non smoking" yes but people have this attitude that this does not apply to me! grrrr
and you are proving what we always say, you offend everyone w a million signs and those who disobey the rules will do so whether or not there is a sign or not. I mean, who leaves two dogs in a vehicle 3 nights AT a B&B? Absurdity.

Nice management response on TA. It's great that now you can actually challenge a reviewer point by point in a management response. Maybe they're getting to be a bit better from the establishment's side?
We had a less than stellar review from someone that had not actually stayed here and I had to re-write my management review twice because TA said that I was "attacking the reviewer" when I stated that they had not actually been a guest here, when in fact I did nothing more than what you did in your response, which was to answer each point in their review. I will say that TA finally took the review down when I told them to request proof of stay from the reviewer. (The review led you to believe that they had been actual guests.)
I hope that if you have a charge back, you're victorious!

Back