Pleasing the Irish

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then please don't Google "showerhead bacteria" :)
Ha! I did Google kitchen faucet bacteria and found this...
While studies vary, the overall result is the same: that our kitchen and bathroom faucets harbour a huge number of germs. Indeed, according to this 2004 study from the International Journal of Food Microbiology, a traditional faucet generally contains 127,000 bacteria per cm2.
So a shower faucet in the kitchen would also be full of bacteria. It seems all faucets are full of bacteria.

We always make a point at check in to say our tap water is excellent. In fact Poland Springs once wanted to pay to tap into our Maine town spring fed water!

We don't have city water but have our own artisan well. I always mention in my 'room tour' that our water is tested and is of excellent quality. I put a bottle of it in their little mini fridge and tell them to help themselves. Most people will comment on the water and tell us how good it is. It's nice to drink water without smelling chlorine or chemicals. And you wouldn't believe how many times I refill people's water glasses. And yes--we do have our water tested every year. The nearest town has boil water advisories all the time because of pipe problems so people are appreciative of a reliable water source.

We have our own artisan well.
We also have an artesian well with tasty water, tested monthly. Run by a volunteer board not getting younger. When the PUD took it over they chlorinated it. Not even close to the same. I used to love our water. But grateful to no longer be doing billing and reading meters.

Back