Plumbers and leaks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
The leak in the celing in room 9 is back again we had all the floor up this week and thought we had found it but here it is back again! Plumber is comming out again (we now have him on speed dial) seems nice enough but don't want to see him this regularly! How would you recomend we handle this? The girls in are really nice and mainly think it is funnly but we are full most of next week I cannot cope with this every day!!!
help.gif

Where does the plumber think the leak is coming in? Thru the roof? Another room? We had a leak that was coming from the guests leaving the shower door open. Nothing we could recreate because we never thought to leave the door open and run the shower!
Nice that the guests are understanding but you don't want to keep doing this!

Don't want to sound negative however we had a leak in the wall & ceiling of the owner's bathroom from BEFORE we bought the house. Resolved it about 12 years later when we sided the house. We had a large water spot (more like a stripe) on the wall in the dining room. Turned out there was a pin-hole in the copper water line that was "spraying" water on the wall below it - would have expected it to be in the ceiling!
Water leaks can be very difficult to trace. Good luck!

The dreaded ceiling leak. I have had my share of those. And it seems to happen when you have a full inn. The best one I had the guest came down for breakfast with the shower head in his hand and said this just fell off over night so I thought you should know. Things that go bump in the night Hehe
Good luck and just keep on smiling

The dreaded ceiling leak. I have had my share of those. And it seems to happen when you have a full inn. The best one I had the guest came down for breakfast with the shower head in his hand and said this just fell off over night so I thought you should know. Things that go bump in the night Hehe
Good luck and just keep on smiling.
My last ceiling leak was a drip, drip sound in the dining room. When the ceiling tile fell to the floor I could see that the drainpipe and the drain had decided to get a separation - on a Saturday with a full house and the plumber in town was out-of-town.

Here is hoping you find it as easily as I found my separated drain problem. May it be very obvious and easily fixed!

We think we have it sorted the mettle plug hole in the shower tray seems to have got loose somehow and water was comming in round the plug hole (ie water draining wasn't all making it down the pipe) so it seems there were two different problems. We have done a temporary repair to hold till wed and then Mike can come out and fix it properly as we will have to have the whole shower tray out. Luckily he came out within 20 mins he is great. so hope it holds till wed!!!

We think we have it sorted the mettle plug hole in the shower tray seems to have got loose somehow and water was comming in round the plug hole (ie water draining wasn't all making it down the pipe) so it seems there were two different problems. We have done a temporary repair to hold till wed and then Mike can come out and fix it properly as we will have to have the whole shower tray out. Luckily he came out within 20 mins he is great. so hope it holds till wed!!!.
I am glad to hear you do not have Large & Son as your plumber. May everything remain dry.

Back