PMS and GDS Reservations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyager02

Reaction score
Hey, I am new to this board and was hoping someone here could help me out. I have an Inn, approximately 15 rooms. With the economy like it is, I have been considering the move up to online booking etc. as I see it is working for another Inn in the area. We currently use forms and a scheduling book for our reservations and I would like to have online booking on our website. I really don't need something fancy such as PMS software, but if it isnt too expensive that would not be a problem. It is hard for me to really sort through all the options because there are so many varieties. Can anyone explain the different companies that offer this and approx pricing, and whether anyone of them can connect to GDS, mainly the expedia family. I really want to keep the cost low, but I would like to hear all options. I think this would be a good thread for everyon to throw in their experience as finding informtion online has been tough. Thanks in advance!

You MUST have online capability these days especially with a place your size. This topic has been discussed over and over in this forum. There are many options out there, Rather than retype in everything said in the past. Check out SuperInns, Rezovations, Reservation Nexus. All are on line with websites where you can compare. Sounds to me that Rezovations might be the way for you to go. I am sure others will chime in here later.

SuperInn can't do the GDS. Rezovation definitely can. I think Webervations can too, but I might be wrong on that. I'm not sure whether Reznexus can or not.

We use webervations for our online reservations, but also participate with the bedandbreakfast,com program for the exposure on the expedia family of sites. One of the best decisions I ever made.

pms??
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
sorry ... i only know one meaning of that acronym.
with all those rooms, you handle it all manually ... by phone and email?! wow!
try webervations ... you can get a free trial and see how you like it. most of my reservations came online so i can't imagine being without it!

John here from Rezo. RezOvation GT has a full GDS link, and/or a direct link to the merchant programs of Expedia, hotels.com, Sidestep, Kayak, Travelocity this fall. Webervations does not have a stand-alone GDS link, but it does connect to all the merchant programs like GT does.
I can go into the details of the differences between the two if you like.
JB

pms??
with all those rooms, you handle it all manually ... by phone and email?! wow!
try webervations ... you can get a free trial and see how you like it. most of my reservations came online so i can't imagine being without it!.
seashanty said:
pms??
PMS stands for Property Management System. Many of the larger hotels have systems that will integrate the telephone system and the dining room computers all to the front desk system.

Thanks for all the replies.
When I first tried researching it, everytime I searched for PMS, all that came up were female help websites, so I am glad I found innspiring. Superinn I dont think is appropriate as we need the extra business that comes from GDS integration.
I downloaded a couple of programs and tried them out. John, I would be curious about your comparison. I just signed up for webervations and talked to bedandbreakfast.com.
I like there setup quite alot, but webervations is just an engine i believe and really doesnt handle your reservations. What I saw as a possibility was to put all reservations through our website with webervations, ie all phone reservations we will have the front desk person checking availability and entering the reservation through with the form that is already on the website. It is definitely a backway to do it, but seemed rather easy. Anyway, webervations is 14.99 month after the 2-3 month trial. bed and breakfast.com membership is $30/month and by the end of the month they will be on most of the websites. So the final cost is 49.99/month plus 25% of each reservation, the percentage only applies to ones booked on expedia or travelocity etc.
My biggest concern with desktop software programs is ease of use. Our staff is not that technologically knowledgable and training and use is a big concern for me. I know that it is extremely important though, to be online these days, so I am committed to doing some sort of program. So webervations is a good option I believe, but John can you tell me the comparison between the two and why I would choose gt over it.
From what I see, the setup with webervations is fine, I would just addon GT, especially since you are the same company. I do not understand why your booking engine prices vary drastically though. Is there a different connection to GDS that is used with your software?
Thanks for all the input and I hope this thread can be informative to everyone.

Back