Poached Peaches with White Cheese Mousse

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
3 cups water
1 1/2cups sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. vanilla
6 med. peaches, halved & pitted combine the first 4 ingred. In a large glass bowl. Mirco on high for 8 mins. Stir until sugar is dissolved Add peach halves to syrup and micro 4 mins. Refrigerate covered with stretch wrap over night.
For the Mousse: 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup cream cheese
3 tbsp. confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat mousse ingred. together , cover and refridge . When ready place peach halves on plate cut side up. Spoon mousse in cavity and sprinkle with fresh grated nutmeg.
I drizzled my syrup over the mousse just a wee bit.
It was a smash for breakie.

Post a picture. I love to see how things look..
Never have a chance to take a picture. When it on the plate we deliver it down 12 steps to his or her plate. Some times my guest mail me the pictures they have taken. I am always surprized at the pictures I recieve back in the emails. I don't see them taking pictures. But I guess they do. Some day I always say just maybe I have a day to cook for us and then take pictures of what I cook. When family comes to visit they take pictures .
ps
how do you post pictures any ways? I was not sure how to post this recipe. Then stumbled on this form so I posted it here. Iam sure it was not to go here. Sorry but had no idea where to post it.

Post a picture. I love to see how things look..
Never have a chance to take a picture. When it on the plate we deliver it down 12 steps to his or her plate. Some times my guest mail me the pictures they have taken. I am always surprized at the pictures I recieve back in the emails. I don't see them taking pictures. But I guess they do. Some day I always say just maybe I have a day to cook for us and then take pictures of what I cook. When family comes to visit they take pictures .
ps
how do you post pictures any ways? I was not sure how to post this recipe. Then stumbled on this form so I posted it here. Iam sure it was not to go here. Sorry but had no idea where to post it.
Flower:
The easiest way for you to share pictures with us, would be to use dropbox.
Click the link above...download the installer, then follow the instructions. Pretty soon, you'll have a folder on your computer called "My Dropbox" Inside that folder you can make another folder and put all your pictures in there. You can then set it up to share that folder online, or you can share one photo at a time. It's incredibly nifty, and easy to use!
I am a dropbox fanatic. I encourage everyone to use it :D

Flower, if you click on the Recipes link (right above the posts), then you can see the recipe choices and add a new recipe.

This sounds great! Do you peel the peaches?.
I did not. I left them on when I poached as it gives the syrup a nice flavour. I took the skins off when I went to put peaches on the plate to serve. For me some of the skins came part way off. Lesson learned I would the next time buy my peaches on the firm side. Not rock hard but Firm!

Back