Poor dh!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
Well, my dh has been a full-time innkeeper for a month or two now... and in the past week or two has really started to get into the swing of daily operations (cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning!).
Today's Facebook status, "Why yes, I am in touch with my feminine side. I work!"
Last week it was "welcome to my world" over and over again as he found out what it's like to try to keep a house clean with people living in it. He cleaned out the side entryway and lined up all our shoes and boots up in the cubby. Five minutes later a boy shoved them over and crawled in there.
He sweeps or vacuums and 30 minutes later notices it needs done again.
He cleans a guest room and the next day they check out and it has to be done again.
And the landry... don't get him started! There is NO end!!!
Last week he said, "Why aren't all women completely insane?" I said, of course we are and now he can be, too!
Now HE'S the one saying, "can we go out?"
Now he understands $5 pizza night.
Now he's the one who feels overwhelmed at the unendingness of it all.
Now he's ready to GO somewhere on vacation.
Now he understands going to bed too tired to do anything but sleep!
=)
Kk.

tounge_smile.gif
KK, I was a sahm with a two year old and a two month old when my DH lost his job and was home for a month. Honestly, it was one of the best things that has happened to me. Now, when I'm losing it (with 3 kids and the BnB), he tells me how reasonable my reaction is(!).

Congratulations! You have a man who now "gets" it. Mine thinks he did - but only as long as he was viewing it from HIS world. Too late to change anything now - not enough time.

What a hoot! Enjoyed that. It reminded me of when I had to be away for a month when my mother was very ill. When I left I thought it would only be a few days, a week maybe.
DH sent me off with - don't worry! By the weeks end he was ready for me to come home but had the heart not to ask. As the days went by I could hear his exhaustion in his voice and finally "I really do not know how you do this!" At the time I really could not enjoy hearing those words, so thanks for bringing this back up - I am enjoying hearing it in my mind!
teeth_smile.gif

Black Boots (aka dh) suggested I post this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts
Although he's thinking of changing his moniker to Tattered Moccasins insted.
=)
Kk..
That is HYSTERICAL!!! I am sending that to my husband. One year he gave me an IRON for Mothers Day! He has never lived that one down but still doesn't get the whole idea about the right kind of gifts for me. We will be married 35 years this May. Yeah, Poor DH indeed! haha!

Black Boots (aka dh) suggested I post this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts
Although he's thinking of changing his moniker to Tattered Moccasins insted.
=)
Kk..
Thank you for posting the link. I saw the first part of it while on dial-up and never got to the part of who did what even. It is GREAT!! The first year I knew him, DH gave me a battery for my car for which I was EXTREMELY grateful since I was in broke and in need. The first year we were married, he gave me a crockpot. Took me a year to use it and he learned not to do THAT kind of thing again!

This is one of the best posts ever ... not just describing a wakeup call for DHs but for us aspirings as well. Thanks, I needed that! :)

Indeed, KK...Great Story and incredible video. I've been married 43 years, and learned early on you never act like that (the guy in the video). But even an old dog like me can learn to appreciate how difficult just one BnB phase of this life: endless meal planning and preperation. Case in point: As I prepare for BnB life, we are taking care of my 86 year old mother-in-law 24/7 in house. I volunteered to do all the evening meal cooking and kitchen duties for both houses. It was relatively fun and not too difficult at first (about a year ago) but now its routine and approaching drudgery. Shopping at Costco is not fun anymore. Meal prep is becoming a task rather than a joy. On the bright side, tho'.....I am learning to cook with my wok. And Spring is coming... (although it is snowing today!)

Indeed, KK...Great Story and incredible video. I've been married 43 years, and learned early on you never act like that (the guy in the video). But even an old dog like me can learn to appreciate how difficult just one BnB phase of this life: endless meal planning and preperation. Case in point: As I prepare for BnB life, we are taking care of my 86 year old mother-in-law 24/7 in house. I volunteered to do all the evening meal cooking and kitchen duties for both houses. It was relatively fun and not too difficult at first (about a year ago) but now its routine and approaching drudgery. Shopping at Costco is not fun anymore. Meal prep is becoming a task rather than a joy. On the bright side, tho'.....I am learning to cook with my wok. And Spring is coming... (although it is snowing today!).
Barliman said:
On the bright side, tho'.....I am learning to cook with my wok. And Spring is coming... (although it is snowing today!)
And you're building up a bankload of good karma at the same time!

Back