Portable Grills

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
Hi! I recently made the decision to purchase a small, table top grill in case one of our guests wanted to roast wieners, marshmallows, grill a steak, etc.
We live in a fairly natural setting with tall grasses and wind.
I'm trying to figure out the details of this amenity. Provide Match Light charcoal, a few sticks or wire "forks", tongs and clean the grill afterwards?
Thank you!

You are just asking for problems :-( I would never give a guest something like that and have them deal with it. You open yourself up to all sorts of idiots...just like folks who think you toss a log into a fireplace and stuff it full of newspaper and toss a match. This is an amenity I would not use.

I'm paranoid about fire. I wouldn't do it. Cleaning would be an issue, too.
I know a few inns that have fire pits and roast marshmellows, but they are 'supervising.' We have a fire pit and have had guests join us. It really is a nice evening.
If you want to lend a grill, maybe make it the propane type to avoid the fire risk.

You are just asking for problems :-( I would never give a guest something like that and have them deal with it. You open yourself up to all sorts of idiots...just like folks who think you toss a log into a fireplace and stuff it full of newspaper and toss a match. This is an amenity I would not use..
we have this with our gas fire in the lounge - people think its real and put paper on - thanks for that.

We have a charcoal grill, heavy metal, mounted on a post out in the garden. I put it there more as a choice to offer those who wanted to set up their own grill on the front porch, it is in an open area near a deck, I don't supply the charcoal, like grills at some roadside stops it is just there if someone was planning on cooking out, over a number of years maybe a few guests have actually used the grill.

We have our own propane grill for our use behind our office. On the very rare occasion someone's asked to use it, we give the standard "we can't because of insurance regulations" answer.

We have a little charcoal grill for ourselves. We do let guests use it if they ask. We set it up on the cement by the pool with everything and we take it down. Maybe its asked for three times a year.

I say it depends on the sort of place and amenities you offer.

Back