possible scam artist in Northwest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
A neighbor B&B reported
"We got scammed by a guest this last week (approx May 7, 2010).
He is an Asian man, about 28 years old. He used the name Jay Loomis but has also used Jay Meier. (I am sure there are others) He is about 5'9", on the slim side and has a shaved head. Here he claimed to be working for AT&T out of Portland. If he is currently staying with you, call the police. He has previously hit a number of B&Bs in Portland and I think he was headed to Seattle when he left our place."
The guest in question booked by phone as a couple but arrived alone "on business". Friendly, lots of stories, hoping "wife" would be joining him soon. Stayed 5 days, allegedly left without payment and innkeeper discovered that valuables were missing, including some belonging to another guest.
Posting here as an alert. Even though this had been going on in Portland, state organization did not send any alert to members outside of that area.

Tom said:
Posting here as an alert. Even though this had been going on in Portland, state organization did not send any alert to members outside of that area.
This is not true! Both the WA & OR Guilds have sent multiple e-mails to their members. Are you a member of your state association?

Tom said:
This is not true! Both the WA & OR Guilds have sent multiple e-mails to their members. Are you a member of your state association?.
Scammed B&B is member, she said they did not send a warning.

why does berniecortez keep posting about shoes on all the boards? why is no one stopping it?
Or is it B&B shoe week and I missed the email?

why does berniecortez keep posting about shoes on all the boards? why is no one stopping it?
Or is it B&B shoe week and I missed the email?.
agoodman said:
why is no one stopping it?
An email has been sent to swirt, but running this free forum isn't actually his full-time job. The posts are being flagged as offensive but the spammer has obviously found a way around the spam controls installed and is posting on every single topic, which will be impossible to delete manually. We'll have to wait until swirt gets to it.

Back