Possible Shooting at a B&B in Temecula CA

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How sad...sometimes our hatred gets in the way of sensible thinking. Terrible!

Thing is the legal system should have evicted the tennant way before it got to the stage where he felt he had no choice. It is why I am an advocate of gun controle it is not guns that kill people it is people that kill people.

Thing is the legal system should have evicted the tennant way before it got to the stage where he felt he had no choice. It is why I am an advocate of gun controle it is not guns that kill people it is people that kill people..
I agree with you on the legal system part. That was my first thought - Why in H_ _ _ did the court not take action? And taking someone to court is not cheap or quick either. I am sure this guy went bonkers not being able to get his to his personal property, seeing his real estate being mistreated with no payment on top of that, then when the legal system failed him, he snapped. (still no justifcation to take a life).

Thing is the legal system should have evicted the tennant way before it got to the stage where he felt he had no choice. It is why I am an advocate of gun controle it is not guns that kill people it is people that kill people..
I agree with you on the legal system part. That was my first thought - Why in H_ _ _ did the court not take action? And taking someone to court is not cheap or quick either. I am sure this guy went bonkers not being able to get his to his personal property, seeing his real estate being mistreated with no payment on top of that, then when the legal system failed him, he snapped. (still no justifcation to take a life).
The court didn't take action because the entire STATE is in bankruptcy. They can't keep up with it.

This is a synopsis of the events I found on a blog post:
This case is horrible. What many do know. The Borcherdes have a horrible financial past and were not paying DiBernardo for the lease / option on the Castle B and B. According to my memory, DiBernardos built this for a family home and Louis kept adding onto it. It was a private home first. Later it was used for community fund raisers to benefit various groups and to move our wine industry forward. He and his wife Sherry decided to divide some space in the rear of the home and make various theme rooms. Sherry an artist and Louie a former contractor did lots of the hard work themselves and also hired various local contractors to assist them. They had other family run the place for a season. Enter the Borcherdses who realized Louies weakness, trusting people too much. Develop a poor plan to lease / option the place and add the fact that Borcherdses would not release DiBernardo's personal property in the home as well as make payments to DiBernardos and this thing escalates. NO JUSTIFICATION for what the guy did. No violence, no murder is ever justified in cases like this. But there is more than meets the eyes. DiBernardo tried to evict Borcherdses through the legal system but that did not work. Borcherdses were making money off the B and B buisness and living in the nice home and grounds without payment. DiBernardo was trying to provide for himself and family, unable to retrieve his personal possessions, receive payment and watching another man making money off the buisiness he started. FRUSTRATION- paying attorneys, file a lawsuit and more. Add to that the fact the Borcherdses were not maintaining the property but taking revenue out of it ignited DiBernardo's furry. Again, NO JUSTIFICATION, but it is a mess.
OUR PATH: Pray for the families. Stay away from gossip and shots at one another on blogs or in the streets. Realize a man died, his family forever changed. Realize a man lost his property and now his freedom and has to stand before God for what he did. Winners: ZERO LOOSERS: MANY..
Thank you for all the updates. Amazing how quickly the story unfolded.
Relieved no guests were involved.

Gun control is one of those political hot button issues that really is best kept off this forum if possible. Issues of how to handle gun discovery in a B&B is acceptable, but the politival aspects are best avoided, please.

Hi Everyone,
It's been a bit since we've posted on here - we have a little update on this particular Inn. After being closed for almost a year, It is being sold, escrow is due to close in about a month. This poses to be both a very exciting time and a challenging one for the new owners, as well as for DH and myself as we help the new owners contgemplate who might take over the InnKeeping helm.
They are planning a name change so that they can hopefully avoid some of the stigma associated with last years tragic history.
Any advice on the best way to deal with the history while still remaining positive?

Hi Everyone,
It's been a bit since we've posted on here - we have a little update on this particular Inn. After being closed for almost a year, It is being sold, escrow is due to close in about a month. This poses to be both a very exciting time and a challenging one for the new owners, as well as for DH and myself as we help the new owners contgemplate who might take over the InnKeeping helm.
They are planning a name change so that they can hopefully avoid some of the stigma associated with last years tragic history.
Any advice on the best way to deal with the history while still remaining positive?.
Definitely change the name. If anyone asks about it, you can always say it was before your time and you do not know. I would not deny it if brought up, but I would not volunteer the history. It is not as if it were a famous, historic couple that would draw the curious. Just my opinion.

Hi Everyone,
Any advice on the best way to deal with the history while still remaining positive?.
MT are you buying the inn? I guess I am confused.
Name change is 100% in order, as the internet is forever...
Marketing to San Diego with an overload of information and crime these days many might not even recall or have even heard that tragedy/crime that took place there. Whatever you do, change it up quite a bit. Hope it all works out!

Back