Post a photo from your area

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
We would love to see some photos of your area. Do you have one you can share?
I will start with this one from America's Favorite Drive 459 miles of non stop driving - no signage, nothing commercial along this fantastic scenic road - - The Blue Ridge Parkway.
BRP_Ride.jpg

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I will start with this one from America's Favorite Drive 459 miles of non stop driving - no signage, nothing commercial along this fantastic scenic road - - The Blue Ridge Parkway.
I know this is going to sound dumb, but what if your car can't make it 459 miles on a tank of gas? Is there really NOTHING commercial???? How does that work?

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I know this is going to sound dumb, but what if your car can't make it 459 miles on a tank of gas? Is there really NOTHING commercial???? How does that work?.
penelope said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I know this is going to sound dumb, but what if your car can't make it 459 miles on a tank of gas? Is there really NOTHING commercial???? How does that work?
The max speed is 45 mph so noone drives it in one go. You get OFF the BRP in any of the small towns along the way. We are 15 miles from 3 exits off the BRP, you could come here and fuel up, eat and sleep with us. :)

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I know this is going to sound dumb, but what if your car can't make it 459 miles on a tank of gas? Is there really NOTHING commercial???? How does that work?.
penelope said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
The max speed is 45 mph so noone drives it in one go. You get OFF the BRP in any of the small towns along the way. We are 15 miles from 3 exits off the BRP, you could come here and fuel up, eat and sleep with us. :)
you could come here and fuel up, eat and sleep with us
Won't that be a bit crowded?

OH, one of our very favorite "get a ways" when we lived in NC. My best memory is a trip out in early June to the BRP to see the rhodos, driving up to Mt. Mitchell (the highest point in NC) and getting caught in a snowstorm! We got some great pics of the rhodos IN the snow...I'll have to dig them up!
Driving on that road is just SO cathartic... Thanks for the smile in my day today
teeth_smile.gif

Stiltsville%20resized.JPG

Stiltsville....There were eleven of these houses built way back in the days of prohibition and are located a few miles from the Miami shore in the flats on the edge of the Atlantic. It's amazing that seven of them remain today despite decades of hurricanes that have blown through here. They were used as party houses for drinking and gambling during prohibition. The occupants could see the police coming (by boat) from far away giving them plenty of time to get rid of the evidence, if necessary. That was the purpose of these houses being built out at sea.

Here is a view from our front yard of the Blue Ridge Mts. and one of my lovely irises..which have now been beaten down by last night's storm:-(
flowerbedview.jpg

iris.jpg

Catlady breathtaking! How are you liking this rain? (other than beating down the irises) We have flowers in places we have never had them, like these coral colored irises! This rain is doing us so much good! Our lawn looks like it is super fertilized and we have never watered it yet.

Stiltsville%20resized.JPG

Stiltsville....There were eleven of these houses built way back in the days of prohibition and are located a few miles from the Miami shore in the flats on the edge of the Atlantic. It's amazing that seven of them remain today despite decades of hurricanes that have blown through here. They were used as party houses for drinking and gambling during prohibition. The occupants could see the police coming (by boat) from far away giving them plenty of time to get rid of the evidence, if necessary. That was the purpose of these houses being built out at sea..
You have a VERY unique view. The rest of us have land, trees, grass, boring things like that...you have houses sitting in the middle of the ocean!

moon-over-pasture.jpg

The view out my back kitchen window
thumb_Lauries%20photos%20131.JPG
Columbines are blooming, I have pink, dark purple with pink and yellow this year...

You have all such beautiful views...mine is black spruce all around..haha
med_aerial1.JPG

But from the road it looks like this
Tanana_Bridge_Toksm.jpg
or this
P10100442.JPG

Here is a collage of florals in bloom here: Starting on the top right - miniture gardenias, large gardenias, climbing rose, miniture gardenias w/azaleas in background, 2 pics of azaleas (these are my late bloomers), and last - my arbor full of confederate jasmine intertwined with 7sister roses. All pictures taken tonight - we are going down into the 50's tonight after having lows in the mid 70's earlier this week... So I plan to enjoy what may be our last bit of cool before summer really hits!
My%20Spring%20Flower%20Collage.jpg

Back