Post card marketing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Do any of you use postcard marketing?
Vista print has some specials on standard size post cards. I get them all the time here for businesses, just wondering if any of you have sent these to former guests or new demographic areas and how it was received?

I did a printing and sent out before Christmas in 2007 to former guests offering a discount - no response (total wasted cost - $4.95 plus postage on cards so cheap try)
Then I did postcards for a goodie bag for a bankers conference offering a discount to them and saying they could pass it on - I think I spent $10 on that one because I think I uploaded my logo - result - see above
Also did some with a recipe that I just give out when someone asks for that recipe.
Will i do it again -yes. Cost is insignificant to the possibilitiy of actually getting a reservation.

If you click that link you can buy their list as well - pick a city or county and then say high income over $60K+ . So think about where you might draw guests from - within a couple hours drive and send them a post card. The card is .04 cents, the postage is .23 cents and then the list is 19.99. so it is actually a good deal if it brings a couple guests in your door.
click here to see what I am talkin' bout.

If you click that link you can buy their list as well - pick a city or county and then say high income over $60K+ . So think about where you might draw guests from - within a couple hours drive and send them a post card. The card is .04 cents, the postage is .23 cents and then the list is 19.99. so it is actually a good deal if it brings a couple guests in your door.
click here to see what I am talkin' bout..
Definitely something to consider.

click here to see what I am talkin' bout..
Postcards can have funny postage quirks that are worth keeping in mind.
  • A "first class" postcard rate is cheaper than a regular stamp, don't just put a normal stamp on it.
  • If your postcard dimensions exceed 6 inches long by 4-1/4 inches high then you will pay about 50% more in postage.

.25 cents to mail these standard size postcards. Put a CODE on there like mentioned elsewhere to track who is calling re it. I am picking only ONE city with demographics I choose (age and income). I am purposefully picking Beach so they will want to visit Mountains. Anyone with this city in their reserv I will know it is from this mailing, plus i have the discount code to tell me or put online.

I am putting all my text on the back except a one line teaser and website url on the front atop a full size photo.

I just ordered some standard size ones from them for free except the upload for $2.99 & am not sure what I'll do with them. The uploaded design was made to exact postcard specs but a bit was clipped on it, so beware of that. They are fine to use, but not perfect, which will bug me of course. But the oversized postcard using one of their templates with a recipe on the back turned out SUPER! I really like them and will just use them as a departure gift from time to time.
regular_smile.gif

Very nice postcard. May it keep your online bookings extremely busy.

$119 total out the door for 250 cards mailed. That is .47 cents per card - this includes first class postage, color front and B&W back plus mailing lsit - it sends them all out and bob's yer uncle. I trust Vista print on this. Mailed date is between 04/07 - 04/16.

$119 total out the door for 250 cards mailed. That is .47 cents per card - this includes first class postage, color front and B&W back plus mailing lsit - it sends them all out and bob's yer uncle. I trust Vista print on this. Mailed date is between 04/07 - 04/16..
That's a pretty good marketing price per item. You'll have to keep us posted on how it works out!

Hi there,
I use them for Christmas when I'm organized enough to send them. I either get the glossy (more durable) or get the envelopes so they don't get beat up in the mail.
They do a great job of printing for me - biz cards, post cards and the glossy rack cards
If you want I think I have some handy and can mail you one so you can see how it goes through the mail
Riki

Back