postcard

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to check out http://www.overnightprints.com/
I have no affiliation with them. Have bought from them, product was good..
paulavery said:
You might want to check out http://www.overnightprints.com/
I also used overnight prints for my postcards and business cards. Fast and good value.

Just a note to make sure to check to see if they meet the standard size(s) for postcard stamps at post office. The post office is watching size and weight (letters) very closely now.
My local post office is now weighing all packages on arrival to their office, if proper payment has not been paid, I get an envelope asking for the remaining balance. This is even on postoffice paid postage from another USPO..
Did I tell the story about the person applying for a job here who folded the application paperwork up into a little 4x4 packet, stuffed it into an envelope and mailed it back? It cost ME 63 cents to retrieve it. Because it was too thick, not because it weighed too much.
Yes, I do remember that. Our PO carrier delivers the parcel only writes on the envelope how much is due & clips an envelope for the change. Guess this is done because we are on a rural route instead of being in town. I stopped him one day to discuss this when we got a package that had been weighed at another PO and had a metered stamp on it yet it was delivered with postage due. He said that he agrees with me, but the local postmaster does not, that if it was weighed by a PO and that amount was paid by the sender that the issue is with the other PO as one of the 2 scales is not accurate. The sending party paid what they were told it cost, we as the receiving party should not have to pay. Now I also agree that if they had just put on what they believed to be the correct postage in stamps but was short, the receiving party should be required to pay or not accept the package.
copperhead said:
Yes, I do remember that. Our PO carrier delivers the parcel only writes on the envelope how much is due & clips an envelope for the change. Guess this is done because we are on a rural route instead of being in town. I stopped him one day to discuss this when we got a package that had been weighed at another PO and had a metered stamp on it yet it was delivered with postage due. He said that he agrees with me, but the local postmaster does not, that if it was weighed by a PO and that amount was paid by the sender that the issue is with the other PO as one of the 2 scales is not accurate. The sending party paid what they were told it cost, we as the receiving party should not have to pay. Now I also agree that if they had just put on what they believed to be the correct postage in stamps but was short, the receiving party should be required to pay or not accept the package.
Around here, if something is deposited into the postal system with insufficient postage, it is returned to the sender. Not sure exactly what happens when the sender cannot be determined.
Around here, if something is deposited into the postal system with insufficient postage, it is returned to the sender. Not sure exactly what happens when the sender cannot be determined.The issue is that these 'senders' that I am referring to mailed their packages by going into their local PO and having the package weighed and postmarked BY the PO. The receiving PO (here) is now weighing all incoming packages again regardless of how they were sent and any that are found to have under paid, the recipient is asked for the difference. My postal carrier said that I would be shocked at how many packages are marked as insufficient postage.
My suspiscion is that there is a calabration problem throughout the USPS (this PO included) and this jurk is trying to make a name for himself by recovering this postage. Well around here his name is becoming Mud.

Just a note to make sure to check to see if they meet the standard size(s) for postcard stamps at post office. The post office is watching size and weight (letters) very closely now.
My local post office is now weighing all packages on arrival to their office, if proper payment has not been paid, I get an envelope asking for the remaining balance. This is even on postoffice paid postage from another USPO..
Did I tell the story about the person applying for a job here who folded the application paperwork up into a little 4x4 packet, stuffed it into an envelope and mailed it back? It cost ME 63 cents to retrieve it. Because it was too thick, not because it weighed too much.
copperhead said:
Around here, if something is deposited into the postal system with insufficient postage, it is returned to the sender. Not sure exactly what happens when the sender cannot be determined.
Around here, if something is deposited into the postal system with insufficient postage, it is returned to the sender. Not sure exactly what happens when the sender cannot be determined.The issue is that these 'senders' that I am referring to mailed their packages by going into their local PO and having the package weighed and postmarked BY the PO. The receiving PO (here) is now weighing all incoming packages again regardless of how they were sent and any that are found to have under paid, the recipient is asked for the difference. My postal carrier said that I would be shocked at how many packages are marked as insufficient postage.
My suspiscion is that there is a calabration problem throughout the USPS (this PO included) and this jurk is trying to make a name for himself by recovering this postage. Well around here his name is becoming Mud.
Maybe it's time to get the Postal Inspector involved. The USPS is just that -- the USPS. There are not local and regional post offices, only branches of the main thing. They all have the same rules, regulations and management structure. Even foreign countries are required to accept mail that came through the USPS.

444 an innmate from this forum had printed up some recipe post cards to give out to guests, they have a template with your choice of stock photo or upload your own on vista print (and of course you own marketing info on there as well). I thought this was a neat idea, for one of the baked items that guests really enjoyed.
I rarely put recipes on the blog, today I did since a guest gave me some Greek Yoghurt to try. I even took a couple photos on the sly. I really liked the yoghurt, it was almost a cross btwn yoghurt and sour cream. This is something you could turn into a postcard as well, besides the pbv bed, porch, scenery, etc.

copperhead said:
I had that a couple of times with my old PO. They would tell me 'postage due' on an incoming pkg and I would refuse delivery. Then it has to go back to the originating PO and if it is first class mail it goes at the PO's expense.
Every PO blames the other one. You have to get DC involved to get it resolved because each PO is its own little 'kingdom' regardless of all working for the same upper mgmt. (Just like any office that doesn't work together!)
I should have sent the application letter back and taught her a lesson.

copperhead said:
I had that a couple of times with my old PO. They would tell me 'postage due' on an incoming pkg and I would refuse delivery. Then it has to go back to the originating PO and if it is first class mail it goes at the PO's expense.
Every PO blames the other one. You have to get DC involved to get it resolved because each PO is its own little 'kingdom' regardless of all working for the same upper mgmt. (Just like any office that doesn't work together!)
I should have sent the application letter back and taught her a lesson.
Well after the last package and after speaking with both my postal carrier and anonther employee at the PO, I went online and made an official complaint and asked for an investigation into the matter.
I don't mind paying for shipping but this is going to extremes. This is hypothetically like buying something at the store at one price and then a few days later an additional charge is taken off your card because their machine entered in the wrong price when it was scanned.

I had mine done with a free offer with vistaprint and no branding if you want a photo you have taken uploaded there is a small fee maybe 1 dollar but you only have to pay that once and you can use the image on anything for free after that. You have complete design control. I used the same image to put on mugs for the guest bedrooms and all sorts. I give the postcards away as I figure they are paying for the postage to give my marketing to someone else you can't beat that! (tried selling them at cost but had no takers)

Back