postcard

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four at four forty four

Reaction score
hi everybody. has anyone ever ordered custom postcards for their inn? i have a bunch of images i took from the bed and breakfast and local area that i'd like to get made into a quality postcard. any suggestions?

VistaPrint did mine. They're an 'odd' size, tho. A little taller and a little narrower than the standard post card.

Yes! Vista Print and also just printed them at wal mart online.com I love post cards, I would love to stay there and have one as well to send or keep as a momento. I think they are a great idea!

but do the vista print ones say 'vista print' on them?
i really don't want anything on there except for what i want on there. i just want something nice.
Thanks!

Yes I had some made locally from a printer. We sold lots of them. Vista Print can do postcards for you. I think the only time you get VistaPrint on the card is if you take them up on their special offer...discount...Why not have it on the card? It wouldn't bother me.

i really don't want anything on there except for what i want on there. i just want something nice.
Thanks!.
No, no VP advertising on mine. My photo on the front and then whatever info you want on the back. I think if you get 'free' stuff from them that's when they put their info on the back.

Thanks!.
four at four forty four said:
Thanks!
Only if they're free. When you pay for them they won't put it on there.

Yes, Vista Print. Good quality, very good prices, fast turnaround.
No to the VP name on the back. That's only required if they're free. It still comes up in some of their templates but just go in and erase it.

We use Vista Print for both rack cards and post cards. Very good.
Riki

thanks everyone! i actually just heard, from another source, about a site called sonicprint.com
i'll compare prices and let you know what i come up with! Thanks again

thanks everyone! i actually just heard, from another source, about a site called sonicprint.com
i'll compare prices and let you know what i come up with! Thanks again.
I didn't go through a whole order so don't know specs etc etc..but basically.....Looks like for 1000 Sonic is $99 and Vista Print about $119 However do you know anyone who has anything printed from Soni? Many of us here have used Vista Print and can vouch for their quality and service

I did VistaPrint postcards with recipes that I give out when asked for the recipe (and as a handout at "tradeshow"), as a "goodie-bag" item for a Conference with a discount for those attendees, as a promo "invitation" for my Garden Club to give out with flowers at the grocery for their anniversary last year. I am currently going through my photos looking for a photo of a tryke in my driveway to do one to send to a tryke rally as a promo discount.
Found the photo I wanted of the trike in my yard - pulling a trailer no less! I am offering "with this card" a 15% off on the Trikes Treasure Tarrif.

Sorry to join the party so late, but we had ours done at PrintPlace.com - I don't recall the price, but it was very, very reasonable and very nicely done. They give you a template, you size the photo to fit, do a back side if you want, and submit it online. Good deal all around.

Sorry to join the party so late, but we had ours done at PrintPlace.com - I don't recall the price, but it was very, very reasonable and very nicely done. They give you a template, you size the photo to fit, do a back side if you want, and submit it online. Good deal all around..
I'll testify to their looking good, I've seen them!

Just a note to make sure to check to see if they meet the standard size(s) for postcard stamps at post office. The post office is watching size and weight (letters) very closely now.
My local post office is now weighing all packages on arrival to their office, if proper payment has not been paid, I get an envelope asking for the remaining balance. This is even on postoffice paid postage from another USPO.

Just a note to make sure to check to see if they meet the standard size(s) for postcard stamps at post office. The post office is watching size and weight (letters) very closely now.
My local post office is now weighing all packages on arrival to their office, if proper payment has not been paid, I get an envelope asking for the remaining balance. This is even on postoffice paid postage from another USPO..
Did I tell the story about the person applying for a job here who folded the application paperwork up into a little 4x4 packet, stuffed it into an envelope and mailed it back? It cost ME 63 cents to retrieve it. Because it was too thick, not because it weighed too much.

My local post office is now weighing all packages on arrival to their office, if proper payment has not been paid, I get an envelope asking for the remaining balance. This is even on postoffice paid postage from another USPO..
Did I tell the story about the person applying for a job here who folded the application paperwork up into a little 4x4 packet, stuffed it into an envelope and mailed it back? It cost ME 63 cents to retrieve it. Because it was too thick, not because it weighed too much.
Yes, I do remember that. Our PO carrier delivers the parcel only writes on the envelope how much is due & clips an envelope for the change. Guess this is done because we are on a rural route instead of being in town. I stopped him one day to discuss this when we got a package that had been weighed at another PO and had a metered stamp on it yet it was delivered with postage due. He said that he agrees with me, but the local postmaster does not, that if it was weighed by a PO and that amount was paid by the sender that the issue is with the other PO as one of the 2 scales is not accurate. The sending party paid what they were told it cost, we as the receiving party should not have to pay. Now I also agree that if they had just put on what they believed to be the correct postage in stamps but was short, the receiving party should be required to pay or not accept the package.

Yes, I do remember that. Our PO carrier delivers the parcel only writes on the envelope how much is due & clips an envelope for the change. Guess this is done because we are on a rural route instead of being in town. I stopped him one day to discuss this when we got a package that had been weighed at another PO and had a metered stamp on it yet it was delivered with postage due. He said that he agrees with me, but the local postmaster does not, that if it was weighed by a PO and that amount was paid by the sender that the issue is with the other PO as one of the 2 scales is not accurate. The sending party paid what they were told it cost, we as the receiving party should not have to pay. Now I also agree that if they had just put on what they believed to be the correct postage in stamps but was short, the receiving party should be required to pay or not accept the package.
copperhead said:
Around here, if something is deposited into the postal system with insufficient postage, it is returned to the sender. Not sure exactly what happens when the sender cannot be determined.

You might want to check out http://www.overnightprints.com/
I have no affiliation with them. Have bought from them, product was good.

Back