Prayers, good thoughts needed please ....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
I need some serious prayers and good intentions for my friend, Cora, and her family.
Cora's daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer. Both being widows, Cora and her daughter and granddaughter all share a house. So, naturally, Cora stepped up to the plate and has been bringing her daughter back and forth to chemo and for testing, the whole nine yards. She took her granddaughter to child counselling because she became terrified about the big 'C' and losing her mom.
The stress on all concerned has been huge.
Last Sunday, Cora suffered a massive stroke. She was in time for the stroke injection to reverse some damage but had some kind of setback and landed in ICU. Thankfully, she is now speaking but has the typical face droop and paralysis on one side of her body. I am familiar with that as my mother had a stroke about 10 years but also was in time for the injection and mostly recovered. I do not know if they have to go in and do brain surgery on Cora, there may be a clot that remains. There is some kind of issue causing a problem. I cannot see her in ICU.
Cora's other daughter, frantic about the family, was rushing around and fell ... broke her hand, ankle and leg. So she is likely into a rehab (lives in another state) so all the info I have on her is sketchy.
The entire family needs blessings and good thoughts. They need some good news and for things to calm down. It is just a very difficult time raining down on them right now. I offered to have Cora's granddaughter come stay with me for a visit but she is clinging to her mother ... so ... the offer stands.
I feel so helpless and like going down to the beach in this hurricane and raging into the wind!!! I won't do anything stupid but !@#$%^()*&^%$#
Thanks for 'listening'.

Rage all you want. Here's hoping your friends get all the help they need in this tough time.

Just sent you some positive energy your way. Hang on and think positive

If you are still using "lighthouse" you will soon see that the SOSK is on the case. Will send up a special tonight at Chapel.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and family. And a hug for you too.

If you are still using "lighthouse" you will soon see that the SOSK is on the case. Will send up a special tonight at Chapel..
gillumhouse said:
If you are still using "lighthouse" you will soon see that the SOSK is on the case. Will send up a special tonight at Chapel.
i'm not lighthouse any more, but thank you! i had a cyber botherer so left that email idle. if you email me through the forum, you'll get my regular email.
thank you all. i so wish i could go see her! feeling helpless ... sort of like waiting for irene!

Wishing our best for all to recover as soon as possible.
RIki

I know there is nothing worce than you want to help but at this point there is nothing to do but wait. My mum had 2 minor strokes and 1 major about 18months ago but you would never know it now she is fine so prayers are with your friend for a speedy and hopefully full recovery. They are both in the best hands possible and just be preped to help as an when they come out as that may be when they need you most.

Back