press kits

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMae

Reaction score
i'm sure this topic has probably been touched on a time or two, at some point, in the history of this forum but anyway...
Press Kits.
who of you has created one? was it easier than you thought it would be? did you actually accomplish anything by creating it? any helpful hints/tips? etc.
i know the process of the whole thing & what info is strongly suggested to include, etc. just thought i'd see what any of you have experienced & learned during the creation process of yours. Thanks!

I haven't done one but everytime a publicity lead comes up and I have to scramble to write something I wish I had.
If anyone has a good outline of how to do this, post the link!

I haven't done one but everytime a publicity lead comes up and I have to scramble to write something I wish I had.
If anyone has a good outline of how to do this, post the link!.
As a matter of fact, I came across this online press kit just today. They have it uploaded on their website, so it is always available. The photographs are really high resolution.

If anyone has a good outline of how to do this, post the link!.
As a matter of fact, I came across this online press kit just today. They have it uploaded on their website, so it is always available. The photographs are really high resolution.
I have tried to get innkeepers I work with to do that on their websites. I like it alot and it saves lots of time. So far I have only convinced one it would be helpful. Don't know if it was or not..but I think it is a great idea! Thanks for sharing that link

I am also ashamed to say I have not done one. You should scan all articles about your inn (in pdf), have a plethora of photos - all 300 dpi or higher plus info about your inn and put it all on a R-W CD so you can add to it as new articles appear or new photos are taken. The CD can be mailed easily. Having you Press Kit online is probably also a good idea - but I wonder about "the pirates" lifting it.

I am also ashamed to say I have not done one. You should scan all articles about your inn (in pdf), have a plethora of photos - all 300 dpi or higher plus info about your inn and put it all on a R-W CD so you can add to it as new articles appear or new photos are taken. The CD can be mailed easily. Having you Press Kit online is probably also a good idea - but I wonder about "the pirates" lifting it..
I have scanned my articles, but they are not up yet. Do I have to ask permission to put the scans up or since they are already out there, are they public now so long as i put where the article came from?
RIki

I am also ashamed to say I have not done one. You should scan all articles about your inn (in pdf), have a plethora of photos - all 300 dpi or higher plus info about your inn and put it all on a R-W CD so you can add to it as new articles appear or new photos are taken. The CD can be mailed easily. Having you Press Kit online is probably also a good idea - but I wonder about "the pirates" lifting it..
I have scanned my articles, but they are not up yet. Do I have to ask permission to put the scans up or since they are already out there, are they public now so long as i put where the article came from?
RIki
Always as published in .... That is what gives the credibility to yout press.

Back