pricing for business customers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Up the street the other way (sorry I seem to mention my street in every post) is a really nice B&B called Townhouse and they only have 3 bedrooms but it looks really clean and nice and their reviews are excellent and although this is small would not consider it a homestay due to service levels. They do seem to over price themselves in my opinion and I often wonder if they are too bothered about doing business. Another point was made by one of our guests that came to us having stayed with them the previous year, they had put up their prices by $48.00 and he said his company would not pay $180 per night for him to stay in a B&B (a double room for single occupancy). Do others find companies have this mind set? I personally think they were having a laugh with that price as everyone else was doing about $130-140 approx even the large hotels were not charging that. But my main point is companies attitudes and people's impressions of them.

Gone are the days of endless expense accounts. I do believe that businesses in general have a price range they prefer their employees stay within.. Of course some areas require higher rates and businesses will overlook that in those areas for the most part.

Companies have a per diem for each area of the country. They expect to get a corporate rate which is less than rack rate because it IS a business, comes during the week, and will be coming often (at least that is implied). Some hotels have so much "business" business that the rates are LOWER on weekends because that is when they are trying to fill rooms.
The two gentlemen last night did not hem or haw when I told them $95 per room on the phone. After they indicated they come though here ofter, I gave them a "corporate rate" of $80 (they told me I did not have to do that, but I want their business and it looks as if I am going to get it!).

Companies have a per diem for each area of the country. They expect to get a corporate rate which is less than rack rate because it IS a business, comes during the week, and will be coming often (at least that is implied). Some hotels have so much "business" business that the rates are LOWER on weekends because that is when they are trying to fill rooms.
The two gentlemen last night did not hem or haw when I told them $95 per room on the phone. After they indicated they come though here ofter, I gave them a "corporate rate" of $80 (they told me I did not have to do that, but I want their business and it looks as if I am going to get it!)..
Had an odd call the other day from a long-ago confirmed rez wanting to know if I would give her a discount because she works for a branch of one of the stores in town. So, not a local person, not someone coming in on biz, just a traveler who happens to work for a company that has a store in town. Now if that company gave ME a discount when I wanted to send guests there with a gift card from them, I'd say sure thing. But, I have to pay full price for everything I buy even as a business.

The two gentlemen last night did not hem or haw when I told them $95 per room on the phone. After they indicated they come though here ofter, I gave them a "corporate rate" of $80 (they told me I did not have to do that, but I want their business and it looks as if I am going to get it!)..
Had an odd call the other day from a long-ago confirmed rez wanting to know if I would give her a discount because she works for a branch of one of the stores in town. So, not a local person, not someone coming in on biz, just a traveler who happens to work for a company that has a store in town. Now if that company gave ME a discount when I wanted to send guests there with a gift card from them, I'd say sure thing. But, I have to pay full price for everything I buy even as a business.
I agree with you. Just because someone works for the company - they get a good for you, you are working! I will give a rate when on business IF they come back often.
I had one a month ago. She was here on business (another GPS rez) which I found out after she got here - I had quoted rack. I was all set to give her "corporate rate" the next morning - until she dawdled the morning away.... I asked for her business card and told her I would give corporate rate on her next visit. it was full rack for that stay!

gillumhouse said:
Companies have a per diem for each area of the country. They expect to get a corporate rate which is less than rack rate because it IS a business, comes during the week, and will be coming often (at least that is implied).
Good point.
I always ask right up front about the per diem rate for business guests. Just get it all out on the table. While the days of extravagance are long gone, most per diems are fairly reasonable. Find out what it is and work from there.
I generally try to maintain a policy of matching the per diem with the most basic room (if that's possible) and giving a free upgrade to the best room available at check-in. Business guests are gems, IMHO. Always glad to have them back.

gillumhouse said:
Companies have a per diem for each area of the country. They expect to get a corporate rate which is less than rack rate because it IS a business, comes during the week, and will be coming often (at least that is implied).
Good point.
I always ask right up front about the per diem rate for business guests. Just get it all out on the table. While the days of extravagance are long gone, most per diems are fairly reasonable. Find out what it is and work from there.
I generally try to maintain a policy of matching the per diem with the most basic room (if that's possible) and giving a free upgrade to the best room available at check-in. Business guests are gems, IMHO. Always glad to have them back.
I also usually ask what the per diem is. I will free up-grade after they have been back a few times. first or second visit is lovely but the THIRD is better - then they earn a bonus.

gillumhouse said:
Good point.
I also usually ask what the per diem is. I will free up-grade after they have been back a few times. first or second visit is lovely but the THIRD is better - then they earn a bonus.
gillumhouse said:
Absolutely agree. I try to make sure it's a good fit for everyone before getting them too comfy.
Once it is, though, they really do appreciate the bonus.

This business guest just left and had the highest priced room for the same rate he orig got, so he saved $45. He was the only one here, and it was as much for us as for him (shhhh!) as that room is not over our bedroom or family room, so he had extra quiet as did we. (Not that he was a noisy character or anything). His last visit was his first B&B and this was his second. He had the royal treatment. He is working with DH, so DH ate breakfast with him this morning at 7am. He got a togo cup for his coffee and went away fat and happy.
As innkeepers we do these extra above expectation type things when we have great guests. This is my warning to those who make life difficult when they stay at a B&B - like yesterday 6 for breakfast he comes in just about when breakfast was ready and says "NO CHEESE IN MINE." A little late you PITA! How about leave it on your plate you old fart....I mean sweet dear old man. :)
I won't oil the squeaky wheel, I will pour oil over the one not squeaking. I am still raising kids, so this is the same theory in child rearing. Pitch a fit, get nothing, obey get rewarded.

This business guest just left and had the highest priced room for the same rate he orig got, so he saved $45. He was the only one here, and it was as much for us as for him (shhhh!) as that room is not over our bedroom or family room, so he had extra quiet as did we. (Not that he was a noisy character or anything). His last visit was his first B&B and this was his second. He had the royal treatment. He is working with DH, so DH ate breakfast with him this morning at 7am. He got a togo cup for his coffee and went away fat and happy.
As innkeepers we do these extra above expectation type things when we have great guests. This is my warning to those who make life difficult when they stay at a B&B - like yesterday 6 for breakfast he comes in just about when breakfast was ready and says "NO CHEESE IN MINE." A little late you PITA! How about leave it on your plate you old fart....I mean sweet dear old man. :)
I won't oil the squeaky wheel, I will pour oil over the one not squeaking. I am still raising kids, so this is the same theory in child rearing. Pitch a fit, get nothing, obey get rewarded..
Joey Bloggs said:
I won't oil the squeaky wheel, I will pour oil over the one not squeaking. I am still raising kids, so this is the same theory in child rearing. Pitch a fit, get nothing, obey get rewarded.
I like that theory.
It's amazing to me how often guests think the opposite will work, ie, you can tell they're just pitching a fit to try to get something extra. No go with me. I'll listen to them and calm them down but reward them? No.
The super nice guests who are a joy to have at the inn? They get free upgrades.
Of course, if their room is just below my apartment/room then they are likely to just get a free upgrade anyway...

I won't oil the squeaky wheel, I will pour oil over the one not squeaking. I am still raising kids, so this is the same theory in child rearing. Pitch a fit, get nothing, obey get rewarded..
Joey Bloggs said:
I like that theory.
It's amazing to me how often guests think the opposite will work, ie, you can tell they're just pitching a fit to try to get something extra. No go with me. I'll listen to them and calm them down but reward them? No.
Of course, if their room is just below my apartment/room then they are likely to just get a free upgrade anyway...
Here the up-grade puts them over DH "Bat Cave" so he has to keep his TV low - inless they are on blare when he can turn it up a bit.

Joey Bloggs said:
I like that theory.
Here the up-grade puts them over DH "Bat Cave" so he has to keep his TV low - inless they are on blare when he can turn it up a bit.
gillumhouse said:
Yes, the opposite is also true. If the free upgrade puts them right next to my room/apartment, I'm probably not going to upgrade them.
Love giving upgrades. Hate cutting into what little privacy innkeepers have.

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.cocktailkleider rot Beach Theme Hochzeiten - Making it Happen wie es sein sollte |
Beach Theme Hochzeiten werden kommen mehr in das neue Zeitalter der Gesellschaft in der wir leben in. Wir sind alle ordentlichen und traditionelle Hochzeiten, die weiter gehen gelangweilt gebeten, möchten die meisten Frischvermählten etwas Einzigartiges, schöne und unvergessliche nach allem, was eine Hochzeit about.That ist ist das, was Beach Thema Hochzeit geht es um eine einzigartige und sehr romantisch und unvergesslich Hochzeit, sondern bringt die Hochzeit Traum in die Realität erfordert Wissen und Planung.
Hier sind einige wichtige Dinge zu beachten:
Planung
Planung ist ein wesentliches Element einer Hochzeit ist genug, abendmode brautmode abendmode brautmode abendkleider online shop abendkleider online shop Planung und nicht verlassen Aufgaben bis zur letzten Minute. Organisiert wird Sie vor und sichert alles an seinem Platz zu laufen smoothly.By Sicherung der Lage auf dem gebuchten Datum der Hochzeit nicht vor werden alle Änderungen durch andere Brautpaar Buchung der Hochzeit vor Ort wird dies ermöglicht Ihnen selbstbewusst sichern das Datum Ihres Strand Hochzeit.
Food and Catering
Organizing Nahrungsmittel und Verpflegung für die perfekte Hochzeit am Strand wird hart zu berücksichtigender Faktor sein. Seine weise zu erarbeiten der Preis pro einzelnen Gast sind Sie bereit, für diese können Sie Ihnen eine gute Indikation zur Ihrem Budget bezahlen. Die Wahl der Art der Nahrung ist entscheidend für eine Hochzeit am Strand, da das Wetter den Geschmack und die Qualität brautkleid in großen größen , vor allem mit Meeresfrüchten, abendkleider abendmode die in eine kalte Platte serviert wird ist, abendmode brautkleider muss unter einer bestimmten Temperatur gehalten werden beeinflussen könnten. Die wichtigsten Alptraum einer Hochzeit am Strand ist die Bar Registerkarte Sie genug Getränke da, designer ballkleid designer ballkleid aber nicht so viel, dass Sie wollen, einige betrunkene Gäste ruinieren Nacht sowie so macht eine kluge Entscheidung über die Art der Getränke an der Bar ist ein Muss .
Lage
Wahl des richtigen Standortes und ob es bequem sein und zugänglich für alle Gäste. Einige Standorte werden nicht zulassen brautmode onlineshop , braut und abendmoden Strandhochzeiten durch lokale Umweltgesetze und-vorschriften, so dass Sie Ihren Gemeinderat oder die zuständige Behörde mit der Unterkunft in Strandnähe, bevor überprüfen müssen. Auch die Überprüfung der Art von Wetter und Gezeiten, die wahrscheinlich während der Termine Ihrer Hochzeit kommen wird sehr entscheidend auf Ihre Planung ist.
Theme und Dekoration
Mit einem geeigneten Thema und Kleiderordnung für einen Strand Thema Hochzeit ist sehr wichtig, ob Sie bei tropischen, der Karibik oder Hawaii suchen, Auswahl der richtigen Dekoration und Kleidung zu diesem Thema passen sehr wichtig ist, um die Stimmung sorgen. Sie können Dekorationen aus dem lokalen Einzelhandel kaufen oder wenn Sie für einzigartigen Look entscheiden, abendkleider größe 46 abendkleider größe 46 können Sie online blättern und finden Sie einige gibt.
abendkleid

Back