Primetime hours for online booking?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skamokawa

Reaction score
We signed up with Reservation Nexus last year because we liked the look and feel of their booking page on our site, also liked the guarantee of increased bookings "after hours". We found that there were very few bookings overnight, and Resnexus has honored their guarantee, so we'll be along for another year with them.
Do any of you get a lot of bookings made online in the wee hours?

We get a few overnight reservations. Most reservations come in during weekday business hours. Judging from their IP addresses, a whole lot of our guests are making their reservations from work.

I wake up to bookings most mornings. :) Most of mine are overnight vs day time. But we are east coast time too, so west coast books when we sleep, they also call at 11pm at night.

More of my bookings are phone, but ResNexus is approaching 50% some months. I just looked back over my stats, and a quick report shows that I got 27 bookings "after hours" (defined as 10pm -8 am) since May. That may not sound a lot, but to me it means that there were 27 times someone might have called me during those hours and they DIDN'T. Gotta love that! OR, that they were able to book rather than go on to other inns. Gotta love that too.
I did get a call not long ago from a guy at 2am who said he had JUST booked online but noticed that he booked for the wrong day and wanted to alert me. He had meant to book for that next night, but booked for the following night. I figured he MUST have been from California or Hawaii or something to call that late....imagine my surprise (and unhappiness) to discover that he lives about 2 hours from here. Obviously not someone who understands that B&B's don't have 24-hour reservation lines!

I wake up to bookings most mornings. :) Most of mine are overnight vs day time. But we are east coast time too, so west coast books when we sleep, they also call at 11pm at night..
Thanks, Judging by the IPs, most of ours check us out during the working hours too.
wink_smile.gif

So far for 2010 I have had 225 reservations made online and I had 297 made by me either over the phone or in person as walk-ins. I do get a lot of reservations overnight especially around 1 am. There are people in Europe booking at that time. Also Australia as well so it is working out well. They also come it at all other hours..even when they can call most prefer not to call.

I usually have one fax waiting for me when I get up but we usually have a flurry about 6.30pm to 8pm when people get home from work and during lunch time. Our online booking operates 24hours so I don't have to think about it.

We have our own home grown booking system and it's a really boon. We get a large number of bookings from people in the Australia/New Zealand as well as from the US. Because of the time difference it could take 2-3 days to take a booking if it meant emails going back and forth, but with online booking they can check rooms, enter their details and pay a deposit all in one go.
So yes, we do get a lot of bookings in the middle of "our" night.

Yes we get them all the time - had one last night made at 11pm. Also get them at lunch time when the guest is eating at their desk, I imagine. Another reason not to have music on your website. Many check us out during work hours.
Riki

Three bookings last night around 10pm, all rolled in together. East Coast time, Sunday night.

Back