Printers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
My printer has just decided to chew everything up yet again this is the 2nd printer this year and the 3rd in about 10 months so am trying to do better research this time. Am thinking of buying a kodak as they have the cheapest ink. anyone have an opinion?

LASER.
That is all I can say and affirm the savings in the ink cartridges you have to buy for inkjet is incredible. I say this as my dogged-little laser was getting too old and I was "convinced" to buy an inkjet handy-dandy unit and I have thus far spent triple on inkrefills alone vs the orig cost of the printer. AND I do not print anything unnecessary, at all.

I have an HP that is about 3 years old. The other half has my old Epson. Must be that A4 paper that's doing you in!

We use a Samsung Colour Laser. The toner is expensive, so we use refills with special chips. But it's nice to be able to print something in full colour when we need to. We are print careful and I have fineprint installed, so I can print two to a page if need be. It's a CLX-3175FW (networking and wireless)
If I didn't have the colour, I would go samsung B&W. So cheap, it makes them almost disposible. I see some on Amazon.co.uk for 40 GBP and up. And colour from 65 GBP.

We use a Samsung Colour Laser. The toner is expensive, so we use refills with special chips. But it's nice to be able to print something in full colour when we need to. We are print careful and I have fineprint installed, so I can print two to a page if need be. It's a CLX-3175FW (networking and wireless)
If I didn't have the colour, I would go samsung B&W. So cheap, it makes them almost disposible. I see some on Amazon.co.uk for 40 GBP and up. And colour from 65 GBP..
We only print on the 'draft' setting unless it's a photo of some sort.

I have an HP6300 printer/copier/scanner/fax. I print on fast draft most of the time. Am using Normal setting for my handouts. I also use Normal setting when printing my biz cards - use color for those.

I have been using a brother MCF-665cw for about 3 years. I buy after market inkers for about $10.00 cdn for the set CYMB.
It is one of those 3 in 1, fax scanner & printer. I print about 2000 sheets per year. It does a decent job.
I re-inked my other cartridges for the last inkjet (Canon) but I found it is almost impossible to reink the Borther lc-51 series, but at $10.00 per set why bother?
BBBoB

I'm very seriously thinking about replacing my HP printer with a wireless wi-fi printer. 1. It will cut down on the wire mess that surrounds my computer. 2. My guests will be able to print from it.
Anyone had experience with these?

I'm very seriously thinking about replacing my HP printer with a wireless wi-fi printer. 1. It will cut down on the wire mess that surrounds my computer. 2. My guests will be able to print from it.
Anyone had experience with these?.
We have a Canon wireless all-in-one, it is totally awesome and you can print to it from anywhere in the house. Mystifies me!!!

Anyone had experience with these?.
We have an HP 3 in 1 that we've been very happy with. I used it to print wirelessly for all kinds of documents when we had guests, but it was in our area to maintain guest info confidentiality. It was not on the guest WiFi network. For that, we had a guest computer in a common area with our old printer attached. Worked well for them to print boarding passes.

I have just bought a wireless kodak as the ink is the cheapest and they can refil it at the ink shop accross the street for even less. It is also wireless but haven't mastered how to set that up yet but am keen as I often sit with my laptop in the breakfast room so would be handy for printing..

I have a wireless printer in our OQ and it works great, but I had to download the software on my laptop to be able to connect to it. I don't think your guests will be able to print to it without the download.

Back