printing your own cookbook?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i was thinking it would be lovely to make up a cookbook for family of my late mom's recipes. some are clippings that i scanned ... some with her little notes on the side in her handwriting.
i've got this whole idea in my head and it's just been sitting there ... back since 2008 when my dad died. all my moms things had been in the house since 2002 when she died, and he had them all in place as though she had just stepped out. when i cleaned out the house, i tucked all the cookbooks that were in the kitchen away ... because so many in the family wanted them. i thought then that i would do up something and never did.
have you made a cookbook? ... for sale at your places i know some of you do.
what did you use to do it?
i've heard that you can make a lovely print book using an imac or other home computer program. and i thought i'd print up a couple as gifts and then others in the extended family could print them up if they want to do that.
it's coming on christmas and i have this urgent feeling like it's been on the back burner of my mind for TOO LONG.

I just used Publisher and put together several nice cookbooks. I did one for my friends B & B and it sells like hotcakes. You can get free templates at MS Office on line. Just insert your recipes and print :) Happy Holidays

Also check out the Lulu online book publishing service. A neighbor did a very nice illustrated cookbook with them

Back