Probable New Scam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you ever had a listing on Lod ging W or ld, but we did years ago and receive a zillion e-mails from them saying our listing will be expiring in 2 days.....I've been getting this same e-mail for years!! Now I get an e-mail with every red flag of a scam from them:
Hi,
One of our guests has asked us to get rates on his behalf for a stay in or near to XYZ City.
What’s the cost of 2 double rooms, plus one single from Saturday August 13th, 7 nights for 5x pax? Please give us a rate including breakfast. (Cost to us please – we need to add our commission)
Regards
Cynthia (Reservations)
BEWARE OF THIS ORGANIZATION! If my listing is still on their site, why wouldn't they know what my rates and availability are?

Thanks for pointing this out. We did list with them for one year and did get a lot of UK bookings. I let it expire but do still get many emails from them...

Got the same one Diva - exact dates! They are getting better at this. Hmmmm

Got the same one Diva - exact dates! They are getting better at this. Hmmmm.
It's pretty scary...new innkeepers would definitely fall for this type of scam when it comes from a lodging directory and sounds legit if you hadn't of already seen this a million times in different varyities. Of course, new innkeepers/aspirings on this forum are ahead of the pack!

Back