Problem with New Firefox

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded to the new Firefox? I hate it!!! I wish I had never done it. My browser is constantly locking up and i just have to shut it down. I just says "not responding". Anyone else experiencing this? If so have you solved the problem. Is is possible to downgrade?? Anyone know? Thanks!

Nope still on chrome and loving it, firefox made me leave a long time ago, was not a good fit for me.

You know what I hate about it? When I use the Google search bar and I 'select' what I want from the search list and it doesn't stay selected and I end up having to type out the entire search phrase to get what I want.

the weird image that is blurred at the top irritated me for the fist week and now I don't even notice the difference. Not locking up here.

the weird image that is blurred at the top irritated me for the fist week and now I don't even notice the difference. Not locking up here..
Hmmm i don't have a weird blurred image? Oh well. Maybe I had better get back to Chrome again.

Did make the change and was experiencing some slowness then cleaned my pc with cc cleaner and I am moving fast once again.

i hate it, too.
i uninstalled it ... then, using internet explorer i found a download for the older version and am back happy again.

You know what I hate about it? When I use the Google search bar and I 'select' what I want from the search list and it doesn't stay selected and I end up having to type out the entire search phrase to get what I want..
Having the same annoying toolbar issue here. Assuming it has more to do with an incompatibility with the toolbar and Google will catch it with an update.

I am not having any locking up issues. It is quite likely a plugin or extension behaving badly. Try disabling your add ons.
I know the Web Developer add-on was not working with the new version. Sort of forced me to switch to firebug, which really is a much better improvement anyway.

I just got the new version installed on my newer laptop which I'm using all the time now. I like some of the features, like the pins. Haven't noticed it locking up or running slow but I run my CCleaner pretty often to get rid of junk. I did disable add-ons early on though - they consistently cause me problems in everything. I use the Google toolbar as well & haven't noticed anything yet. It did take some getting used to because like most of the new software they are consolidating a lot of stuff in small buttons or tabs.
confused_smile.gif

i managed to get the toolbars sorted pretty fast. I use Quirk Search status for my google PR indicator and it has some other useful things with it.

i managed to get the toolbars sorted pretty fast. I use Quirk Search status for my google PR indicator and it has some other useful things with it..
toddburme said:
i managed to get the toolbars sorted pretty fast. I use Quirk Search status for my google PR indicator and it has some other useful things with it.
How did you fix the Google search toolbar?

i managed to get the toolbars sorted pretty fast. I use Quirk Search status for my google PR indicator and it has some other useful things with it..
toddburme said:
How did you fix the Google search toolbar?
By not using it. I use Quirk search status for it instead.

Back