Problem with Res Key

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I have a client who uses Res Key. He gave me pricing updates which I put into the reskey system and they show up for me just fine. However when I try to made a reservation in calendar mode, the prices I set up under rates do not show up. Anyone have these issues? I don't know what else to try. I told him to call John
devil_smile.gif

Check the dates on the rate plan?.
I did. They are just what they should be. that is why I am puzzled. See Image 1 is the screen capture of the reservation page from the site and Image 2 is the rate plan from ResKey. They do not match :-(
Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Do the date ranges for the new rate rule overlap the date range for any older rate rules (or vice-versa)? Not sure how ResKey decides which rate rule to use when two rate rules apply to the same period, so best to make sure that the rate rules do not overlap.

Do the date ranges for the new rate rule overlap the date range for any older rate rules (or vice-versa)? Not sure how ResKey decides which rate rule to use when two rate rules apply to the same period, so best to make sure that the rate rules do not overlap..
OnTheShore said:
Do the date ranges for the new rate rule overlap the date range for any older rate rules (or vice-versa)? Not sure how ResKey decides which rate rule to use when two rate rules apply to the same period, so best to make sure that the rate rules do not overlap.
which one is correct, is what I wanted to know.

You have a special rate period in there somewhere. Or new rates.

I did. They are just what they should be. that is why I am puzzled. See Image 1 is the screen capture of the reservation page from the site and Image 2 is the rate plan from ResKey. They do not match :-(
Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

There have been issues with the new Trash system John recently implemented. Have there been prior rates or adjustments that were deleted? I had that issue when the Trash wasn't emptied properly. Adjustment taken twice.
Check Settings, Trash.

Do the date ranges for the new rate rule overlap the date range for any older rate rules (or vice-versa)? Not sure how ResKey decides which rate rule to use when two rate rules apply to the same period, so best to make sure that the rate rules do not overlap..
OnTheShore said:
which one is correct, is what I wanted to know.
Cottage rates are correct

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

There have been issues with the new Trash system John recently implemented. Have there been prior rates or adjustments that were deleted? I had that issue when the Trash wasn't emptied properly. Adjustment taken twice.
Check Settings, Trash.
I have never seen a TRASH setting. Will take a look..but it is solved now. Thanks
BUT>>>another stupid question...the names of the cottages have turned to white color and cannot be seen on the internal availability calendar. I have searched high and low for a color code chart to set them to black..which they were at one time...anyone know where this can be done?

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Check Settings, Trash.
I have never seen a TRASH setting. Will take a look..but it is solved now. Thanks
BUT>>>another stupid question...the names of the cottages have turned to white color and cannot be seen on the internal availability calendar. I have searched high and low for a color code chart to set them to black..which they were at one time...anyone know where this can be done?
It's likely in the CSS

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Check Settings, Trash.
Go to your theme in RK, page down til you find /*-----calendar view-----*/
look for
.room listings and at the end of the font string you will see what should be color:#000000
change if need be, if that doesn't work, let me know. I've done extensive fiddling with the css on our RK page so it matches the website, and sometimes tis just a matter of trial and error.
You will also see that you can change the color of the calendar table here and the color of the boxes booked, if you so desire.

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Check Settings, Trash.
look for
.room listings and at the end of the font string you will see what should be color:#000000
change if need be, if that doesn't work, let me know. I've done extensive fiddling with the css on our RK page so it matches the website, and sometimes tis just a matter of trial and error.
You will also see that you can change the color of the calendar table here and the color of the boxes booked, if you so desire.
Nope that didn't work. The strange thing is...I have never bothered to ever edit this...so why it changed is beyond me...I know the client would NEVER look here or mess with it.
Here is the code I tried:
/* -------- calendar view -------- */
.calendar_table { margin-bottom:10px;background-color:#E2ECD8; }
.calhead {font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;}
.topdateboxes { font-size:12px;text-align:center;font-size:10px;width:16px; }
.roomlistings { text-align:center;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;color:#000000;}
.calboxes_booked { background-color:pink;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold; }
.calfooter { font-size:10px; }
/* -------- additional for calendar on availability search page -------- */
.calhead_overview { font-size:12px;border-top:1px solid black;background-color:white; }
.calendar_table2 { margin-bottom:0px;background-color:#e4e5e2;border-bottom:1px solid black; }
.calpropertynames { font-size:10px;background-color:white;border-top:1px solid black;font-weight:bold; }
.caltopdateboxes { font-size:12px;text-align:center;font-size:10px;width:16px; }
.calroomlistings { text-align:center;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;color:#000000; }
.dividertop_cal { padding-top:20px;}
.dividerbot_cal { padding-bottom:10px;}
padding-left: 2px;
line-height: 40px;
overflow: hidden;
color: #001a56;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
border-left: 1px solid #4e3d31;
border-right: 1px solid #4e3d31;
border-bottom: 1px solid #4e3d31;
font-weight: bold;
}

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Check Settings, Trash.
look for
Nope that didn't work. The strange thing is...I have never bothered to ever edit this...so why it changed is beyond me...I know the client would NEVER look here or mess with it.
.roomlistings { text-align:center;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;color:#000000;}
.calboxes_booked { background-color:pink;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold; }
.calhead_overview { font-size:12px;border-top:1px solid black;background-color:white; }
.calendar_table2 { margin-bottom:0px;background-color:#e4e5e2;border-bottom:1px solid black; }
.calpropertynames { font-size:10px;background-color:white;border-top:1px solid black;font-weight:bold; }
.caltopdateboxes { font-size:12px;text-align:center;font-size:10px;width:16px; }
.calroomlistings { text-align:center;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;color:#000000; }
}
Is white the Windows default for Link already Clicked? When I went to the actual page, the page names are appearing in Purple, which I think is my Clicked Link, I think. But then again, I've never clicked on your links before.
Yes, that's it... when I switch to Chrome, links are in Blue, which is my Unclicked Html Link. So they must be Hard Coded to default to whatever colors have been pre-selected by the User?

It is one of those things, one is stronger than the other, goes back to those old database query days...you can ask for it one way or another. Glad you found it!

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Check Settings, Trash.
look for
}
Is white the Windows default for Link already Clicked? When I went to the actual page, the page names are appearing in Purple, which I think is my Clicked Link, I think. But then again, I've never clicked on your links before.
Yes, that's it... when I switch to Chrome, links are in Blue, which is my Unclicked Html Link. So they must be Hard Coded to default to whatever colors have been pre-selected by the User?
NO not on the actual reservation on line calendar...in the ADMIN section. See image below:
availaility.jpg

Text is white and you can see it is there when I highlight it. I have made no changes to any css, it just changed when I was doing the room rates update. Anyone seen this happen?

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Check Settings, Trash.
look for
}
NO not on the actual reservation on line calendar...in the ADMIN section. See image below:
availaility.jpg

Text is white and you can see it is there when I highlight it. I have made no changes to any css, it just changed when I was doing the room rates update. Anyone seen this happen?
Settings -> Room/Unit -> select the appropriate room --> bottom of page you are looking for "Internal Color" -- for some reason these are reverting to White background (#FFFFFF) and White lettering (#FFFFFF). Not sure why, sometimes it seemed like I had to go back and change it multiple times before it would "take." (In the case I was working on it involved "fractions," not sure if that is the case with your client's setup.)

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Check Settings, Trash.
look for
}
availaility.jpg

Settings -> Room/Unit -> select the appropriate room --> bottom of page you are looking for "Internal Color" -- for some reason these are reverting to White background (#FFFFFF) and White lettering (#FFFFFF). Not sure why, sometimes it seemed like I had to go back and change it multiple times before it would "take." (In the case I was working on it involved "fractions," not sure if that is the case with your client's setup.)
Thank you...so clear..but I obviously missed it DUH!

Back