Professional carpet cleaning?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Anyone ever had their carpets cleaned professionally? What's the usual rate for that? We've done the carpets ourselves, but that only seems to get the surface dirt.

Only in our homes, since we don't have wall-to-wall here. I've always used ChemDry - not wet like steam. They've always looked really good & we had neutral carpeting. It was pretty reasonably priced. I used to watch for coupons in those mailers :)
Other area rugs have gone to the dry cleaners that do rugs. I can't honestly remember the price. Sorry
sad_smile.gif

The last time I had Stanley Steamer clean EVERY carpet in our house was 2 years ago. it cost me $500.

The last time I had Stanley Steamer clean EVERY carpet in our house was 2 years ago. it cost me $500..
What did you think? Was it worth it to you to have them in?
I researched and bought the Hoover steam cleaner and it is working out great. Just under $200
Riki
We have one of those. It does the surface really well, but not down deep. I think we'll just end up renting a unit and going with that.

The last time I had Stanley Steamer clean EVERY carpet in our house was 2 years ago. it cost me $500..
I researched and bought the Hoover steam cleaner and it is working out great. Just under $200
Riki
We have one of those. It does the surface really well, but not down deep. I think we'll just end up renting a unit and going with that.
Nope I'm talking two years of ground in red clay dirt pulled out. This unit does the hot water steam cleaning just like the ones you rent. and no belts to break.
RIki

I know that you didn't ask me & I couldn't remember the price (I do know it was much less than Catlady's price), but it was well worth it to me to hire the professional cleaning for a couple of reasons: 1) They moved the furniture & put it back, which saved our backs 2) They protected the bottom of the furniture from any possible dampness 3) They were the ones hauling any dirt & muck out 4) It got done in one day!

Oh the guys that did mine were wonderful! Very careful and thorough..oh they did a couch and 2 recliners for me too. In fact, I am having them come back this spring. We are overdue:-(

I know that you didn't ask me & I couldn't remember the price (I do know it was much less than Catlady's price), but it was well worth it to me to hire the professional cleaning for a couple of reasons: 1) They moved the furniture & put it back, which saved our backs 2) They protected the bottom of the furniture from any possible dampness 3) They were the ones hauling any dirt & muck out 4) It got done in one day!
No furniture moving. She said if WE wanted to move the furniture...that alone makes it not worth it to me.

No furniture moving. She said if WE wanted to move the furniture...that alone makes it not worth it to me.
Oh my guys moved everything. Like I said...I was 1000% satisfied with them. And will have them back. They did everything and more than I needed.

Back