Professional Carpet Cleaning

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Any hints or suggestions? They will be here at noon. I am opting out of the deodorant, just getting the cleaning - I am worried about the deodorant chemicals, should I be? Have you had this before?
I have two rooms and the hallway on the list and will get a quote for the stair runner (badly stained from guests spilling coffee!!! GRRRRRRR) and dining room rug (also stained from coffee). The only one in our area is S tan ley St eemer.

I have mine deoderized. I also have them come first thing in the morning to allow for sufficient dry time before foot traffic. I have my guys coming on Weds at 8 am. We don't take lodging for one day after to be sure everything is dry before it gets walked on. It will take longer in a humid environment so I only get my rugs done in the early spring and fall. If its too humid or wet, they will mildew and that stinks ( litterally ).

I just had them clean my carpets and area rugs. They also did my sofa and 2 chairs. They never mentioned anything about deodorant? I think I would skip that too. Mine dried really quickly. Hmmmmm I should be scheduling an appt to have mine done again. It has been 2 years. by the time they fininshed here It was about $500.

I only have carpet upstairs in my loft apartment, and bought a cleaner that works just fine rather than paying someone to come in. This way I can do it more often and keep it cleaner.
RIki

Just curious as to how expensive it is to have the carpet professionally cleaned? I have a Hoover SteamVac that was about $350 six years ago and it takes everything out of the inn carpets...it's not my favorite thing to do but it's nice to have it when someone spills coffee...which is unfortunately frequently! It has a stair attachment which works really well.

They will be here at noon which gave me time for breakfast and I have only one room tonight at the front of the house, the back of the house is where the carpet is located upstairs, no carpeting anywhere else, except the stairs, a solid color which is terrible for a speck or a hair or anything. We have the a/c on - have done for 6 months now. There is no humidity in here at all.
I was curious how the area rugs came out, they said 50 cent a foot if wool.
I have a cleaner myself but I want the whole room done this time, wall to wall and the whole hallway.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

They will be here at noon which gave me time for breakfast and I have only one room tonight at the front of the house, the back of the house is where the carpet is located upstairs, no carpeting anywhere else, except the stairs, a solid color which is terrible for a speck or a hair or anything. We have the a/c on - have done for 6 months now. There is no humidity in here at all.
I have a cleaner myself but I want the whole room done this time, wall to wall and the whole hallway.
Thanks for the feedback everyone..
Let us know how it turns out!

Thanks for the feedback everyone..
mine aren't wool. They all came out just great for me. I also have a small portable cleaner for "mishaps" Never had a coffee spill thankfully.
But the cat sometimes need cleaning up after....furballs I mean...:-(
I usually whisk him out the door when I hear the "crying" sound as the warning.....but sometimes I am not fast enough.

$175 total:
2 rooms, long long hallway, stairs and one area rug (dining room) and had them spray a protectant for future wear and tear and spills, but no deodorizer.
They said they got most of the coffee stains up - it is still wet so I will let you know - we had a lot of coffee stains!
Will report in tomorrow after it is all dry and I can inspect it.

Mine came out to be $445 for 4 full size area rugs (1 wool), 3 rooms with wall to wall, 1 carpeted hallway and 1 set of stairs. I also had a sofa done. The upholstery cleaning was $75 for the sofa.

My area rugs were purchased at a carpet outlet. When I get for my dining room, I also get the downstairs hall. I buy a large remnant and have them cut the backward L I need for the hall from it and the rest is the dining room carpet. I have everything bound also. This also gives me a couple small pieces to use other places. It is time to replace the carpet in the Harris Room again. I got one that was too light in color last time. A 5 x 7 is not that expensive and the padding is still good.
About 3 years ago for $600 I got the dining room, hall, Harris Room, and 2 smaller rugs that I use in our area and gave away a big piece to a friend plus some new padding.

just a suggestion .... i don't know what your stair carpets look like ... but i helped install little rug stair treads ... patterned installed on top of solid ... you'd go solid on top of pattern ... in a friend's home that was on the market. the carpet on the stairs was badly stained and did not come clean. but it was just the treads and not the rise so we covered it since she was in no position to replace the carpeting and removing it was not a solution. there are all kinds of price ranges and come in sets of 4. we bought little tiny nails to affix them securely.
the realtor told her she had to replace that carpeting because the stairs were right in eye view when you opened the front door and just looked so bad. but as i said, she did not have the money to replace. what a difference.
obviously this was an extreme situation.

Are you happy with the carpets? I got an estimate for one guest room and it was $200 for the one room. Hubs just did our bedroom, but I think the professional machines do a better job. We'll do our living room tomorrow, but it definitely needs professional help.
We had a vacuum salesperson come a few years ago and it was absolutely amazing how much cleaner the carpet was after she vacuumed it. I could see the difference immediately in the area she initially did. (She did the whole room before she left.)

Are you happy with the carpets? I got an estimate for one guest room and it was $200 for the one room. Hubs just did our bedroom, but I think the professional machines do a better job. We'll do our living room tomorrow, but it definitely needs professional help.
We had a vacuum salesperson come a few years ago and it was absolutely amazing how much cleaner the carpet was after she vacuumed it. I could see the difference immediately in the area she initially did. (She did the whole room before she left.).
Honestly, no idea, it looks the same. But I bet if I saw all the crud they cleaned out I would say different. They did it, I saw them and heard them and they scraped up the door jams with their hoses running though the back door.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

We had a vacuum salesperson come a few years ago and it was absolutely amazing how much cleaner the carpet was after she vacuumed it. I could see the difference immediately in the area she initially did. (She did the whole room before she left.).
Honestly, no idea, it looks the same. But I bet if I saw all the crud they cleaned out I would say different. They did it, I saw them and heard them and they scraped up the door jams with their hoses running though the back door.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Too late for this, but my experience was the carpets seemed to get dirtier after I had them professionally cleaned...seems there is a protector on new carpet and unless you had them put a protector back on....sorry! At least you got the Stanley treatment - they are supposed to be better than the ones that are "simple and quick" - evidently nothing about carpet cleaning should be simple and quick!

I used to be very pleased to find this internet-site.I wished to thanks on your time for this excellent read!! I undoubtedly having fun with each little bit of it and I've you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post. Carpet Padding

Back