Promoting Packages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
I'm thinking to myself that there has to be a better way to promote our room package add-ons, i.e. romance packages etc.
Our packages are prominently featured on our website, but as we all know, guests seldom read anything beyond the phone number on your webpage. Do any of you send out emails in advance of a guests visit to remind them of all the wonderful services you offer? It seems like you could target specific emails especially if you know in advance the purpose of the visit.

That's a good question.... I would like to know more about both putting packages together and promoting them. Looking forward to the responses.

I think you have a good idea there...if someone notes it is a romantic getaway when they book, send them an email a week or two out reminding them of your romance packages. Might get someone to bite.

The first paragraph of our confirmation letter reminds them about our add-ons with a link to the packages page. It seems to help. A lot of time they're not willing to add it on to their reservation when making it online, but then will add it on later on by e-mail.

I reminded folks to check out our add-ons in their confirmation emails with a link to the page on our website.

That's a good question.... I would like to know more about both putting packages together and promoting them. Looking forward to the responses..
With my packages I include 3 or more things so the items cannot be separated out. The room rate is posted so I add in 2 other things. If I include a dinner and a packed lunchand something else (I have been adding 1 roast of coffee beans) they cannot figure out how much the dinner was. If the package is $375 for the 2 nights they think it is a good deal but if I told them dinner wsa going to be $60 it would probably be a no deal. What ever you put together, make it a no brainer weekend - room, food, something to do (routing for covered bridges, craft shops, & winery is my big seller) - that they have one credit card swipe and all is done.

That's a good question.... I would like to know more about both putting packages together and promoting them. Looking forward to the responses..
With my packages I include 3 or more things so the items cannot be separated out. The room rate is posted so I add in 2 other things. If I include a dinner and a packed lunchand something else (I have been adding 1 roast of coffee beans) they cannot figure out how much the dinner was. If the package is $375 for the 2 nights they think it is a good deal but if I told them dinner wsa going to be $60 it would probably be a no deal. What ever you put together, make it a no brainer weekend - room, food, something to do (routing for covered bridges, craft shops, & winery is my big seller) - that they have one credit card swipe and all is done.
This is a great idea, thanks for posting. Initially the "three" in your post caught my eye. In retail, offering a choice of three always brought more sales, seemed people liked a choice of three things much better than a choice of two. All three would sell better; weird but true- - not sure if that holds true for b&b marketing....

This is a great idea, thanks for posting. Initially the "three" in your post caught my eye. In retail, offering a choice of three always brought more sales, seemed people liked a choice of three things much better than a choice of two. All three would sell better; weird but true- - not sure if that holds true for b&b marketing....
It is not that 3 things are offered, they are bundled as a package. You can sometimes increase a price on one thing to make up for the cost of another to make the total palatable or inflate everything except the room rate to increase your bottom line. I originally thought of package as discount but that experience taught me that package in value and convenience and people WILL pay whatever you ask if it is providing value (perceived) and convenience. Do not short-change yourself when putting together a package. Intellectual property (routings) have value also.

It is not that 3 things are offered, they are bundled as a package. You can sometimes increase a price on one thing to make up for the cost of another to make the total palatable or inflate everything except the room rate to increase your bottom line. I originally thought of package as discount but that experience taught me that package in value and convenience and people WILL pay whatever you ask if it is providing value (perceived) and convenience. Do not short-change yourself when putting together a package. Intellectual property (routings) have value also.
Yup, actually got that, just wondered how many packages do you offer?

Yup, actually got that, just wondered how many packages do you offer?
There are 14 entries on my Specials page right now. A couple are about events in July that will come down then and one is my Egg - Special (2-nights weekdays and you choose your egg to find out what discount you have on your stay). Most are just highlighting what we have , there is a Deployment special and the military & cop discount, but 2 of them are inn-to-inn packages and a couple of them are packages with routings, dinners, and packed lunches.

Back