Promotional Items.... For Fun and Profit!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Two things....
The winter (aka the slow season) is coming up and I was trying to think of a promotion or two that might get my Canadian guests to pay me via debit rather than credit. Just an estimate, but a one night stay costs me 6¢ to process as debit but would cost somewhere around $1.78 to process. So
So what could I use as a promo that costs about $3.50 to get some of my guests to pay with debit instead of credit?
The other....
Other items we have been thinking of using as promos... gift cards (but we need to be careful, because sometimes they are country specific, for example iTunes cards in Canada are only good on iTurnes.ca and not iTunes.com. I have noticed that there are some sites in the US that are offering the cards as a discount, my cousin can buy them for me. We also thought of movie tickets (the cinema offers prepaid tickets that are cheaper than the ones at the door.)
This is why I want people to pipe in... not everything is interesting to everyone. For example, I still have some free iTunes cards that were given to us as a prize, because we don't use iTunes. And chain restaurants aren't interesting in Montreal. I don't want to give them cards for something like BB.COM because they will try to hand it to me to use right away. And of course, not everyone comes by car... like my NYC guests, who use public transport. The stupid city won't pre-sell public transport day passes. I could buy a monthly pass and lend it to guests, which is cheaper than the day pass in any case. Any interesting ideas? Anything that might get people more interested than others? Ideas?

Does www.restaurant.com work in Canada? I'm usually not one for coupons, but I've found some of our good local Mom & Pop places participate with this and it seems fair. One deal I saw, you purchase a $50 gift certificate for $25, and you can use it any time but you must hit $50 in actual food costs. Just a thought, the website is pretty straight forward and easy to use.

Does www.restaurant.com work in Canada? I'm usually not one for coupons, but I've found some of our good local Mom & Pop places participate with this and it seems fair. One deal I saw, you purchase a $50 gift certificate for $25, and you can use it any time but you must hit $50 in actual food costs. Just a thought, the website is pretty straight forward and easy to use..
I've bought the gift cards before and they work at any of the participating restaurants. BUT, before you dine in any restaurant, you have to print up the coupon for that specific restaurant and it's good for that day only.
If you "like" them on Facebook, you'll see periodic offers of 80% off. That's when I've bought them.

Does www.restaurant.com work in Canada? I'm usually not one for coupons, but I've found some of our good local Mom & Pop places participate with this and it seems fair. One deal I saw, you purchase a $50 gift certificate for $25, and you can use it any time but you must hit $50 in actual food costs. Just a thought, the website is pretty straight forward and easy to use..
Don Draper said:
Does www.restaurant.com work in Canada? I'm usually not one for coupons, but I've found some of our good local Mom & Pop places participate with this and it seems fair. One deal I saw, you purchase a $50 gift certificate for $25, and you can use it any time but you must hit $50 in actual food costs. Just a thought, the website is pretty straight forward and easy to use.
Nope. US only.

Back