Promotional pens ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Just received a promotional pen in the mail. It's the best I've seen. They took an image from our website and wrapped it around a wide-barrel pen. The B&B looks great and all the contact info is on there too. I have to admit I'm impressed and tempted. Over the years I've become inured to offers and tend to offer a very blase "other cheek" but I may actually take them up on this one.

I got that promo, too. Showed it DH proclaiming my admiration, then took it upstairs to see if it fits in the loop in the information books. It does not.
sad_smile.gif

Recieved one of these as well, not a bad price either. We got the same last year and it is still writing well. I have been tempted too. Looking in my pen holder I see lots of advertising pens, don't know where they all came from. Pens will make the rounds and who knows who may book and say they happened upon you through your pen.

We got it too! I love that style of pen but the way our logo came out looks terrible...I wonder how easy it is to fix?

I received the pen as well and the design they took off our website looks terrible on the pen.

Uh if it is the same one we get one off so often it is hideous. Worst pen I have ever seen. So nice of them to send us a sample, and if it was a good sample I might order some! Forgot the name of the company. So bad in fact I don't want anyone thinking I MADE THOSE UP!

Uh if it is the same one we get one off so often it is hideous. Worst pen I have ever seen. So nice of them to send us a sample, and if it was a good sample I might order some! Forgot the name of the company. So bad in fact I don't want anyone thinking I MADE THOSE UP!.
it probably is the same one. I get them once a year at least and have been underwhelmed every time, but I have to say this one was excellent. It did what it was supposed to - it really got my attention. I guess it's the usual formula .... send out a thousand and one will be right.

These pens are a great deal........for the pen manufacturer.
Can any of you seriously say that, in your life, you have ever ever ever responded to advertising on a pen? I have pens that I've received from local businesses and it never occurs to me to even look at their pen if I need their services nor have I ever used a service because of pen advertising.
Why would anyone in their right mind be interested in a B&B featured on a pen? Especially if that B&B is located hundreds or thousands of miles away from where they are reading the pen.
Advertising has to be targeted. Using pens for advertising is like putting a note in a bottle, throwing it into the ocean and hoping it will be read by someone living in the Rocky Mountains.

Can any of you seriously say that, in your life, you have ever ever ever responded to advertising on a pen? I have pens that I've received from local businesses and it never occurs to me to even look at their pen if I need their services nor have I ever used a service because of pen advertising.
Why would anyone in their right mind be interested in a B&B featured on a pen? Especially if that B&B is located hundreds or thousands of miles away from where they are reading the pen.
Advertising has to be targeted. Using pens for advertising is like putting a note in a bottle, throwing it into the ocean and hoping it will be read by someone living in the Rocky Mountains..
Proud Texan said:
Advertising has to be targeted. Using pens for advertising is like putting a note in a bottle, throwing it into the ocean and hoping it will be read by someone living in the Rocky Mountains.
You do have a way with words! Again you are right on! Now, if you give to your guests it may triger a good memory and possible revisit.

Advertising has to be targeted. Using pens for advertising is like putting a note in a bottle, throwing it into the ocean and hoping it will be read by someone living in the Rocky Mountains..
Wow .... OK .... Just saying that they surprised me this time. I'm really happy with how the inn looks ..... and yes, I'm out of my mind enough to think that this might be a nice little doo-dad for my guests to take away with them.

Wow .... OK .... Just saying that they surprised me this time. I'm really happy with how the inn looks ..... and yes, I'm out of my mind enough to think that this might be a nice little doo-dad for my guests to take away with them.
The Tipsy Butler said:
I love those type doo-dads, I would love that if you save it to me. I am all into pens and stationary and such.

Proud Texan said:
Yes, I do use the pens I pick up in different places to contact those same places again. I kept a dead pen for the longest time so I could find the phone number fast. Friends and family bring me pens from all over the world. I've got quite the collection. And I use the ones I need.

If you provide stationary and a possible post card in the.....in room information packet...it makes sense to include a logo'd pen.
Hotels provide them.....some motels as well
If you have noticed.....they don't provide expensive pens
If a guest takes them.....they are probably using it during their visit....I have taken pens from the room all the time.....not like I travel with pens.
Also a keep sake.....invokes memories
One thing about the pens......if you don't use them......don't allow guests to take them......the ink dries, then becomes a waste of money

I have had them in the rooms and desk drawers/nightstands here since inception. I want guests to take them, you buy a box of 1000 and they last forever. Since I love pens, I enjoy getting pens places as well. I have not seen any at any B&B's I have stayed in, which is odd, really, they do have the stationary many times, small notepads in rooms/envelopes.
If nothing else, get that website on there!

I have had them in the rooms and desk drawers/nightstands here since inception. I want guests to take them, you buy a box of 1000 and they last forever. Since I love pens, I enjoy getting pens places as well. I have not seen any at any B&B's I have stayed in, which is odd, really, they do have the stationary many times, small notepads in rooms/envelopes.
If nothing else, get that website on there!.
Joey Bloggs said:
... you buy a box of 1000 and they last forever.
My point exactly!

Back